MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I correct in saying the the F/TF steering wheel fits the ZR with no modification and its a lot smaller aswell?

·
Interior spraying supremo
3,038 Posts
alittle bit of plastic needs to be trimmed off the centre airbag console to get it a good fit. But other than that its a sure fit.

·
7,920 Posts
well you need to trim a bit of the plastic cover on the air bag, this is not actually messing with the air bag itself, or any of its workings, just the plastic trim

you also need to mod the horn wiring very very very slightly

·
^buy meeeeeeeee^
1,407 Posts
Are you sure you really want the other steering wheel.
Bear in mind a **** loada money goes into a developing a car. One of the subjects will be the turning ratios . I have no idea what the size difference is so might not be an issue or weather itd have an effect at all , just might be worth thinkin bout is all :)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
surely with a smaller steering wheel youll have to turn it more than if you have ur standard one?

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
surely with a smaller steering wheel youll have to turn it more than if you have ur standard one?
eh? no, greater distance your hands have to turn a larger steering wheel as for how many rotations lock to lock that wont change, just less distance to travel to do it. :chair:

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
get a momo steering wheel or something airbags are for whimps
Until you smudge your face accross it.

I know you jocks are used to wondering around with no front teeth and constantly dribbling but some of us like to be a little more refined!:beer2:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
sorry lol maybe that happens if you fit a bigger steering wheel, just remember somethine happend when my mate changed his on his corsa b, but then again the steering in them is horrific to start with! lol

·
7,920 Posts
The TF wheel makes the steering on the ZR seem 200% better, i have done this and the feel of the car is greatly improved

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts

I know you jocks are used to wondering around with no front teeth and constantly dribbling but some of us like to be a little more refined!:beer2:
ouch, get the claws back in :whip:

·
Registered
12,564 Posts

Proper harness + hans device is much much much better than an airbag, hitting an airbag is not like hitting a fluffy pillow, that bad boy explodes into your face, more often than not causing "whiplash".

Neck/Body deceleration is the key.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Proper harness + hans device is much much much better than an airbag, hitting an airbag is not like hitting a fluffy pillow, that bad boy explodes into your face, more often than not causing "whiplash".

Neck/Body deceleration is the key.
A HANS and harness isn't exactly practical in a road car, besides where do you put the anchor points on the road? onto the mounting points fixed to the side of your skull?

And I won't hear a bad word about airbags, they've saved my life at least twice already

1 - 20 of 37 Posts