MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know about the new thing alpine have brought out that you can link an i-pod 2?do you need a new 2004/5 headunit or does the thing plug into any alpine headunit?cos im liking the thought of 10,000 tracks in my car!stop some little sh*t nicking all my cd's 2!

·
1,626 Posts
Call alpine europe technical and quote your h/u model number

THe number is on the alpine website!

It works with most 2004 h/us but not sure about 2003 or 2002

Car audio direct sell it as well see www.talkaudio.co.uk then go to car audio direct

·
X-ZR Owner
1,120 Posts
If your iPod has the dock style connection then it will work. Otherwise you can still use it with a headunit that has aux in, you just wont be able to control it via the headunit.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It needs to be an Ai-Net head unit with 'Quick Search' functionality.

Will work on these '04 head units:
CDA-9835R, CDA-9833R, CDA-9831R, CDA-9830R, IVA-D300R/RB, IVA-D900R, CVA-1004R/RR, INA-N333RS/RRS

And these '03 head units:
CDA-9812RB/RR, CDA-9813R CDA-9815RB, CDA-7998R

Also your iPod firmware needs to be 2.2 or later.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
can anyone recomend a good ipod?and where to get one.
how do they wire up to the CVA-1004R alpine?as Ive never done anything with them....ta

·
Registered
147 Posts
mustang351 said:
how do they wire up to the CVA-1004R alpine?as Ive never done anything with them....ta
I'd buy direct from apple. They're still doin' free laser engraving on the back, you can select two lines of text up to 27chars each line for 'nowt. Looks pretty cool, had my name engraved on mine.

The Alpine interface is quite simple. Just a connection from your ipod into the interface and then from the interface to your head unit via an Ai-Net cable, it'll also charge your ipod as well.

·
892 Posts
mustang351 said:
If you have a word with mate mate, i can soemtimes get them cheap :up:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Can you not go onto ebay and get a little thing which plugs into you ipod and it tunes into your radio no matter what headunit you have? My mate has got one but the only problem is that anyone else within 20 feet can tune in too, and they are illegal to buy here but got to the good old US of A and their not.

·
X-ZR Owner
1,120 Posts
spanner385 said:
Can you not go onto ebay and get a little thing which plugs into you ipod and it tunes into your radio no matter what headunit you have? My mate has got one but the only problem is that anyone else within 20 feet can tune in too, and they are illegal to buy here but got to the good old US of A and their not.
Yup its called the Griffin iTrip. Not quite as trick as the alpine interface though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
finally bought an i-trip when i was in america, they quite good actually, signals not always strong though, but was class listening to "my my my" through mine and 3 of my mates cars systems!!not bad at all seeing as it only cost me 25quid!!

·
Sick puppy!
8,091 Posts
saw today they are bringing out the i-pod shuffle..it is the size of a pack of cheing gum holds 140 for 69 quid or 240 for 99 quid looks sweet.. and also the new mini-macs.a cheap version of mac for aabout 300 quid..they never stop inventing those apple headz

·
Sick puppy!
8,091 Posts
because they run throug radio frequency and for some reaso they are illegal

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
i want 1 of these head units, are they out yet or in the procces? no more takin up space wiv cd's tryin to get them out while driving. voice activated song choosing would be good to... the futer is good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts