MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw the most gorgeous zed today, trophy blue, 105 + in southend today, for sale, has been lowered 50mm, nice big chrome wheels, air filter, nice ice install, and the bloke is wanting 7k for it...

Told the mother about it, all kushdy, then see a GORGEOUS anthracite zed for sale, only 6k, 33k miles, 52 plate, 105+ leather interior etc..

I love the look of the TB one and everything the guys done to it, but the anthracite one is so much more value for money..

what do you guys suggest??? :wallb:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like them both :( and keep thinking the wheels & filter are gonna put my insurance up arent they?? :S id prefer leather seats though :(

·
Registered
316 Posts
Anthracite is a lot less common and therefore slightly more unique, however the mods on the trophy blue I suppose has made it unique ......

Hmmmm.....not much help am I?!

I'd go anthracite .....

(You could always ring the insurance company and see what the difference in premiums would be! Could be a decision maker!!) :up:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah they are looking for 1400 for a standard 105+ which isnt too bad i guess.. gonna be alot more with mods :(

Anthracite is stunning though!! But i looove TB!! :( BAH!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
When kept all nice n shiny Anthracite is lovely during the day in bright light but not quite so at night. My old car was Anthracite and I liked the way it sometimes looked blue and sometimes had a red tint.

There are more TB ZRs out there than all the rest. You want leather and dont want to pay extra insurance.

Go for the Anthracite and polish/wax the crap out of it, it will be worth it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nac said:
When kept all nice n shiny Anthracite is lovely during the day in bright light but not quite so at night. My old car was Anthracite and I liked the way it sometimes looked blue and sometimes had a red tint.
- sounds very nice!!! You have any pics??

nac said:
There are more TB ZRs out there than all the rest. You want leather and dont want to pay extra insurance.
yeah i know TB is very common colour, but is gorgeous all the same

nac said:
Go for the Anthracite and polish/wax the crap out of it, it will be worth it.
Yeah sounds good, have seen a few cars around here that have been waxed to the max, and are SO shiny at night its amazing.. would have to use alotta elbow grease.. my whole family has black cars (seems morbid eh!!) and they are always soo dirty (horses will probably explain it) and im guessing black/anthracites need alotta TLC!!

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Don uve always wanted the TB, go with it! :up:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Trophy blue looks great during the day and just as good on a night when kept clean, sounds nice with the chromre alloys not really my thing but can amagine they look good n TB zed whn lowerd. Has it got any side skirts on or anything, or just stantard outside apart from the alloys? ;)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
LadySubstanze said:
im guessing black/anthracites need alotta TLC!!
They do show the scratches badly. I had a cat (or something) run over the bonnet on my car and it was a pain to remove the claw marks.

Only got the one pic, its a 416iS. Notice how its got a sort of blue tint to it? Didnt always look that way, depended on the light.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
:up: TB ...slinky and sexy!

BTW...without being to personal..how can a young kid like you afford one let alone the insurance??
:lcop:

·
3,634 Posts
GSXR said:
:up: TB ...slinky and sexy!

BTW...without being to personal..how can a young kid like you afford one let alone the insurance??
:lcop:
I know my first car was shitty D reg mini !!! :wallb: :wallb: :wallb: :wallb: :wallb:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol yeah it is my mum :)

Spending a few £££ on myself and my sister from an inheritance.. Have been thrashing about in the fezzer and loving the feeling of driving.. would be good to be able to do it without someone in the passenger seat guiding me :wallb: lol..

Yeah the TB had skirts but not a bumper or anything.. same wheels danny has on his, thought it was him until i saw the bumpers were standard.

Having quite a few cats would be harsh if they jump all over the car..

Ahh its so horrible having to choose :( I absolutely LOVE the TB colour, but i think black would look RUDE done up with tints etc, but then again, the TB is amazing with tints too!! :( BAH!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts