MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHat the best way ( and cheapest ) to get power out of a standar K series 1.4 ltr engine.

ZR 105 Model ya get me ?

Please list mod price and power gain. As im after some serios power but dont wanna change my fookin engine.

Ya heard me I DONT WANNA CHANGE ME ENGINE.

:cool: :eek:h: :cool:

Cheers peeps

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
how much power / price willing to pay do you want? you can spent 6K on a 1.4 without changing it

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
you looking at around 1-2k for 125bhp.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Monkey Magic said:
explain mods please.

cheers
induction kit £220 -6-8bhp
Janspeed Manifold and sports cat £500 6-8bhp
Magnex Exhaust £200 5bhp
52mm Throttle Body £110 improved throttle responce

thats £1030 excluding fitting. and around 20bhp. although those are estimates, and some might be lower etc.

·
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah cheers ... well ive got the throttle body n magnex zorst... all i need now is the manifold and the eliminator from janspeed for me strait thru.

when you said 220 for a air filter do you mean a viper or bmc ?

:-s

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Monkey Magic said:
yeah cheers ... well ive got the throttle body n magnex zorst... all i need now is the manifold and the eliminator from janspeed for me strait thru.

when you said 220 for a air filter do you mean a viper or bmc ?

:-s
Manifold and cat, i dont think you can fit the manifold with the oe catalyst as they are differnet fittings, it may be possible but a bit of a pain.

£220 is fer the viper

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
oh yer going for a straight though, :) id go fer cams and pullies too

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
strait through you WILL not pass your MOT and invalidate 90% of your warrenty

whats the other 10%? the oil cap :lol:

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
i havent touched your post honestly :) twas hoogie

·
Registered
16 Posts
If yu get cams and the inlet pulley you need it rolling road tuned so add at least anothe £500 just for the tuning! Without it you'll lose power! And cams will mean your peak torque will be at a higher rpm i think.

·
Registered
258 Posts
PJ1985 said:
If yu get cams and the inlet pulley you need it rolling road tuned so add at least anothe £500 just for the tuning! Without it you'll lose power! And cams will mean your peak torque will be at a higher rpm i think.
£500 fer rr tuning?????fuck i only paid £30......did i get a bargain or what!garage u went 2 musta seen u comin........

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
OK you can start with full blueprinting of the engine

While you are at it you can get the head off, have it ported and gas flowed. Fit solid lifters, bigger sodium filled valves, high lift cams, vernier pullies. Ditch the belt for chains (less likely to snap). Now you can get the bottom end done with a fully forged, lightened, balanced and nitrided crank. Competiton forged pistons with sealed cotter pins or even needle roller gudgeon pins. Uprated oil pump, maybe even go dry sump like the rally/race boys.

You will need a bigger fuel rail, direct injectors, larger plenium chamber. Larger throttle body, decent induction kit, mappable ECU. Exhaust will need to be changed for a tuned 4-2-1 stsytem, catless of course. With all the extra power you will need to uprate the brakes, suspension, clutch gearbox, driveshafts. Probably cost you 20-30K, be totally undrivable below 5500rpm. Fuel consumption will suffer, the engine will need to be stripped and rebuilt every few 1000 miles. Insurance (if you can find any) will be about the same.

On the other hand you could just go and buy a 160 or a ZRX! All the mods are done for you then :lol:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
dR0Og said:
OK you can start with full blueprinting of the engine

While you are at it you can get the head off, have it ported and gas flowed. Fit solid lifters, bigger sodium filled valves, high lift cams, vernier pullies. Ditch the belt for chains (less likely to snap). Now you can get the bottom end done with a fully forged, lightened, balanced and nitrided crank. Competiton forged pistons with sealed cotter pins or even needle roller gudgeon pins. Uprated oil pump, maybe even go dry sump like the rally/race boys.

You will need a bigger fuel rail, direct injectors, larger plenium chamber. Larger throttle body, decent induction kit, mappable ECU. Exhaust will need to be changed for a tuned 4-2-1 stsytem, catless of course. With all the extra power you will need to uprate the brakes, suspension, clutch gearbox, driveshafts. Probably cost you 20-30K, be totally undrivable below 5500rpm. Fuel consumption will suffer, the engine will need to be stripped and rebuilt every few 1000 miles. Insurance (if you can find any) will be about the same.

On the other hand you could just go and buy a 160 or a ZRX! All the mods are done for you then :lol:
LMAO Nick =D>

1 - 20 of 24 Posts