MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been to pheonix and traded my 105 in for a 160. Its such a nice car and i took it for a very long test drive. Its a 52 reg with only 3k miles on the clock.

Now i have this car i should be putting few things on ebay.

1, 160 brakes (the whole front)
2, centre console.
3, a 205/50/16 steel wheel which is unused.

I would really like to get a full set of leather for the car rather than the ones with the green sides and red and blue speccles in the middle. Think they may grow on me though.

Next on the car will be a full set of polyurathane bushes. I pick the car up in a week (cant wait)

Steve

·
Registered
605 Posts
A 52 reg 160 with only 3k miles? Who the hell had it, a 90 year old lady using it for church runs? :bash:

1500 miles a year? lol I can clock that up in a fortnight!!!!! (Had my ZR a month, and its got just over 3k on it lol) :mrgreen:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good stuff, can't imagine a 52 reg only having 3000 miles on the clock. It won't even be run-in yet, not bad at all!!

Think a full set of leather would look smart too... there were a set on ebay a few months ago out of a write-off. Went for a fortune though

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They told me 2 old people owned it and the man died and she sold it back to the garage. My 53 reg 105 has 23k miles on the clock. I do really like the full black leather, i may just get the middle re-trimmed as the rest is very nice. Just need to get some head rests now! The list goes on!

·
Registered
775 Posts
press the button on the speedo and it will go off the trip counter LOL
only kidding ya, mine had 16000 on it when i got mine i thought that was low after i had seen a few with 40 and 50k on them , you will love the car dude i do , why you going for the poly bushes straight off, seams a strange first mod :blink2:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Some of the re-trim I've seen done by independent places are very good indeed. I doubt you'd notice the difference between the original and re-trims to be honest and it'll probably save you a small fortune.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not sure mate. The interior I saw done was inside of a Mini, it was a fantastic job, although I couldn't get the bloke to tell me exactly how much he paid.

What he did say though, is that you can get away with vinyl (much cheaper) instead of leather for some places (in particular things like headrests) and you'd be hard pushed to notice the difference.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
how much did you get for your 105 mate mines done 23000 miles but is a 52 plate and how much did they charge for the 160?i paid for my 105 out right so i would just have to pay the difference

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
Stevo said:
They told me 2 old people owned it and the man died and she sold it back to the garage. . Just need to get some head rests now! The list goes on!
Similar thing happene to me when i looked at my 160....03 plate with 3k on the clock....an elderly couple had it....They didnt like the rough ride....Bless em :zip:

and the headrests look sweet...i got a set on mine :up:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got 7k for my 105 (53) and paid £7999 for the (52) 160. Has 2 front air bags too which i have not seen before.

They also threw in some MG mats and 25% off an x-power air box but that will take ages to turn up.

I have a nice picture on my phone from the fourcourt. I will post it up in a bit.

Steve

·
Registered
421 Posts
Stevo said:
I got 7k for my 105 (53) and paid £7999 for the (52) 160. Has 2 front air bags too which i have not seen before.

They also threw in some MG mats and 25% off an x-power air box but that will take ages to turn up.

I have a nice picture on my phone from the fourcourt. I will post it up in a bit.

Steve
You paid an EXTRA 7999?!?!?! :blink2: :blink2:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts