MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after putting my car forsale due to almost giving up on finding a place that would take on the massive job of respraying my car i finally found someone!

he will only respray it in trophy yellow (the origional mg yellow) because the engine and under carpets etc are still that colour.

he said he will need the car for 1-2 weeks, all i have to do is take the car down to him in along with the stuff i want putting on it and he will sort it :)

seeing as my front bumper has a few little cracks, i bought a standar mk1 bumper to go on it,

the only thing i need opinions is the boot lid, i can either leave the mk2 smooth boot on it (but i cant find a decent place to put the plate) or put my origional bootlid back on (already in yellow!)

here are 2 pics to show the difference:mk2 style:

or std mk1 bootlid:

he has a job on for the next 2 weeks then hes going to start on mine!cant wait now :)

·
Registered
8,721 Posts

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol i no, yeh i agree with forestfigher, i think the mk2 looks too plain!
i think i will stick the mk1 bootlid back on and sell the mk2. :)

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
It sounds weird, but i'm starting to like the mk1 boots more than mk2's now... I think MK1!
I know what u mean, im not too keen on mk2 boot and mk1 rear anymore, used to think it looked the nuts! Mk1 boot looks loads better mate, go for that one definately subtle mods ftw!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I suggest to keep the MKII and if possible the smoothed front bumper.

You can fit one of these fiberglass pieces by cutting the bumper in order to find a place for the plate.

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Mk1 boot FTW :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts