MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the actual hubs that house the four bolts that hold the wheel on the same on both discs and drums? If not, I presume they are the same on 160 brakes and 105 brakes?

Also, is there a technique to getting them off, or do I just use the breaker bar and 32mm socket like a big pussy?

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's your problem?

The nearside rear (passenger) will have a lefthanded thread, so don't spend ages tightening it rather than slackening.
Snapped a bolt off over a year ago, was never a problem until today when I'll be picking up alloys where the nuts will be visible.

And the left-handed thread explains a lot... :S

Will I need to get a NSR hub then? Will one from a set of drums do?

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
both rear hubs are the same, O/S and N/S, if buying new, they can sometimes have different part numbers as they come with the nut (obviously the nuts are different depending on which side it's for).

I don't think a drum one will fit correctly, but i'm not 100%sure to be honest, in theory it should as it only holds the disk/drum and the wheel, and has the ring for the abs, but only ever replaced then on disk models. Ring a parts dealer and ask the question if they are the same part number, post your findings. Most decent spares shop will supplythe hub, as it comes with the bearing, so just ask for a bearing.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Why don't you just replace the wheel stud, they knock out dead easy, I have some if you need any.
Drum and disc are different flanges I also have a rear hubs/flanges for drum models if you need one

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why don't you just replace the wheel stud, they knock out dead easy, I have some if you need any.
Drum and disc are different flanges I also have a rear hubs/flanges for drum models if you need one
Well I'm going to the scrappy tomorrow to try to get one, if I have no success I'll give you a shout, thanks mate :)

Just went out to check that the hub is a 32mm socket (can anyone confirm this? Couldn't be arsed taking the wheel off) and realised that it's actually the OSR hub bolt that is snapped... I presume the thread on this side is normal?

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sound mate ta, also is the big ****ing bolt I need to remove to change the hub a 32mm?

(And yes I know that's not a ZR, as per other thread it's for illustration purposes as I couldn't find an image of a ZR to use.)

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
C'mon TJ stop fannying around with it and get the f*cker off! :whistle:
How about I unwrinkle the underside of my ballbag, drain the sweat which is trapped within the folds into a plastic container and send it to you via DHL courier?

I'll be whipping it off tomorrow mate so that I can get the new wheels on... hopefully :clap:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.