MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im sure you guys use velcro etc - or some of you may have proper boot instals. But if you are stuck read on!

On my adventure to Lidl to by microfirbre glass cloth and polishing cloth i stubbled across a anti slip mat which measures 1 squared metre! For £2.99!!

I cut it to size of the bottom of my sub box and then stapled it with a staple gun. Put it in my boot and it seems to have done the job really well.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
TJ, the amount of random pictures you seem to have of urself for every given situation is actually starting to get a little odd....

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
TJ, the amount of random pictures you seem to have of urself for every given situation is actually starting to get a little odd....
It's a highlight of the site if you ask me :clap2:

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
Not so much odd as more of a desire to be the epitome of convenience! You never know when any given random picture might come in handy...

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
tbh i bolt mine to the boot floor as i dont want it smashing through the parcel shelf and knocking me out if i have a crash lol

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
I have got a stealthboxz in mine and I have fixed a plate/bracket to the back and bolted it to the side of the car. If you look under the rear side shelves, there is a redundant captive nut at just the right height to attach the other end of the plate to

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
I have got a stealthboxz in mine and I have fixed a plate/bracket to the back and bolted it to the side of the car. If you look under the rear side shelves, there is a redundant captive nut at just the right height to attach the other end of the plate to
+1, that's how mine is fitted.

I have to agree with Ad though... when my first car was written off, I went to get the bits out of it, and the car next to mine had been involved in an accident with two fatalities caused by the sound system hitting/crushing them. Best to make it secure!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Mines just taht bloody heavy it doesnt move! Was stuck on with velcro atone point.. Buit that stuff looks good might get some! Cheers 4 that!

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Mine is bolted to the MDF floor i made with L brackets. Solid :yes:

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
+1, that's how mine is fitted.

I have to agree with Ad though... when my first car was written off, I went to get the bits out of it, and the car next to mine had been involved in an accident with two fatalities caused by the sound system hitting/crushing them. Best to make it secure!
On a slightly different theme but the same vein, when I was in the RAF, there was a guy there who had a head-on. He survived with minor injuries apart from the fractured skull caused by a tin of dog food from the shopping on the back seat.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
On a slightly different theme but the same vein, when I was in the RAF, there was a guy there who had a head-on. He survived with minor injuries apart from the fractured skull caused by a tin of dog food from the shopping on the back seat.
i feel disgusted with myself....i found that funny...

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
tbh i bolt mine to the boot floor as i dont want it smashing through the parcel shelf and knocking me out if i have a crash lol
yeah 1 of my amps split me head open when i roled :chair:

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
But then the boxes will be pushed really close to the tailgate causing poor sound. And the left redundant hole is my earthing point. When I get time i will buy mdf and make a mdf floor for the boot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts