MG ZR Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've just bought a '98 Rover 214, and I would like to know if there's any chance to put the front end of an MG ZR or the rover 25 onto my li'l car.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
342 Posts
ZED-R said:
'i'll like to moonwalk son, but lifes a shit house!' 8-[
Quality mate!

I think it's a case of changing the front lights and bumper!?!?! Don't know tbh honest but most of the changes between the 25 and 200 seem purely cosmetic.. Could be wrong tho.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Xanda said:
ZED-R said:
'i'll like to moonwalk son, but lifes a shit house!' 8-[
Quality mate!

I think it's a case of changing the front lights and bumper!?!?! Don't know tbh honest but most of the changes between the 25 and 200 seem purely cosmetic.. Could be wrong tho.

not wrong mate bumper and lights primarely

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's not just bumper and lights. You need new bonnet, wings, slam panel and obviously lights, wiring and bumper.

·
Banned
1,364 Posts
new wings front and rear bumpers lights grill spoiler rims skirts steering wheel gear knob door cards seats ummmm think that about covers it

·
Registered
193 Posts
i'd rather save my money doing a rover 200 up and just buy a ZR.

Just the priciple of the matter.

It's like buying a Skoda Fabia and turning it into a VW Polo! =P~

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Rover 200's cost a damn sight less that a ZR though, hence why the guy has not bought a ZR.

Steve

·
Banned
15 Posts
ZED-R said:
i'd rather save my money doing a rover 200 up and just buy a ZR.

Just the priciple of the matter.

It's like buying a Skoda Fabia and turning it into a VW Polo! =P~

Why would you want to make your car look like just another Trev mobile? [-X

just the principle of the matter.

Its like buying a Rover 200 and turning it into a Citroen Saxo!

·
Big Slicks agony uncle
1,885 Posts
When we were on one of the meets at the Arniston Centre near Durham we saw a guy who bought a pranged 25, for about £900 I think, and had done it up to look like a ZR. The only thing that gave the game away was that it had an R reg if I remember correctly.

Ewan.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I knew all the 'rover' owners would take offence but its just my opinion. ](*,)

Im not going to start a war of words (each to their own and all) but in my opinion if its a rover - keep it as a rover. if its an MG - keep it as an MG.

And one last thing - if he's happy with his rover why make it look like an MG?

Anyway, whatever he does with his car is up to him and if he likes it then good for him, just not my cup of tea.

END OF STORY =;

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think if you read his post he says ZR OR Rover 25 front end. The ZR is just a 25 with bibs, drop the elitism. He asked for help and again it became, "The ZR is the best car ever made" shite.

I bought a Rover 25, £6995 brand new, have spent £3000 so far on bits and pieces and am glad I didn't pay more just for the badge.

·
Registered
193 Posts
For ***** sake:

this website is themgzr.co.uk

not therover25thatwantstobeazr.co.uk!!!!

Read this:

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/motoring/roadtests/roadtests_newcarnet/page3/2002/04/11/story_184.html

Im not going to waste my time arguing anymore in a pointless argument - I never said the Zr was the best car ever! If im honest I have gone off mine completely!

It has been sat on my driveway for the last week doing nothing - the Saab 9-5 aero, focus st170, fabia 1.9tdi and even the corsa 1.2 sxi are used more by me than my ZR!

·
Registered
193 Posts
regarding the above link you will have to read from page one - general jist is that the ZR is in a league above the 25 even the R25 Gti!

Im not comparing - each to their own but I paid hard earned cash for my MG and it annoys me that other people 'belittle' the ZR by making their second hand R200 look like it! :confused:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.