MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been thinking for a while now about getting one of the later spoilers with the central fin bit, and clear brake light, for the zed. plenty of them on ebay unpainted but wonder if anyone knows how much i should expect to pay to have it painted in trophy blue?

or even keep it to one side (try to get mk2 door strips and get them done as well) and get the entire car resprayed (same colour mind) because the paintwork is a bit naff in quite a few places. but need somewhere that can supply propper trophy blue paint and not mix some up and not get the colour dead on as i want to keep it looking oem while still modding with genuine parts :D

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
You might want to consider painting one yourself. Im thinking about colour coding my Rover 25 and my local car shop 'Motorist Centre Rugby' sells Rover paints to order, got a quote from them £9 something for a 150ml spray can of CMU Solar Red and a 150ml spray can of lacquer. Im guessing for a big part like the spoiler you'd need a few cans, so probably say about £27 for three cans, and then just a primer can for about £10 max so probably cost you about £30 - £40, ive heard its about the same or a bit more to get it done professionally, but then you cant guarantee they will get the same colour (mix their own).

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
i got my side skirt preped and sprayed for £20 a side i supplyed the paint wich was around £15 for half a Litre

·
Registered
49 Posts
Do it your self, i get my paint from paints4u.com and the trophy blue is spot on,

1 rule to spraying, take your time, and build up the layers, if doing it outside dont do it when its windy or cold, and before spraying, boil the kettle and place your can in a jug and add the boiling water to it and leave it for say 10min, what it does is it thins the paints so when spraying you wont get the spitting affect,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts