MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People who have Avo springs fitted, how much did you pay to have them fitted? My mate is in the trade and can do me a good rate for cash but wanted to see how much everyone else paid.

Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fitting springs really is a walk in the park if you have a brain and can operate a ratchet!

Invest in some spring clamps from halfords and a socket set and its easy as pie. As for tracking... shouldnt cost more than 15quid to get done

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
i paid £80 to have mine fitted!!

Decided against doing it meself after hearing some horror stories!!! And having to buy special tools!!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just ordered my AVO springs today and should have them for friday :) managed to get a garage to fit them for £80 as my m8's boss wouldnt let him give me a discount :evil: Cant wait now!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
mustang351 said:
ive allways fitted springs myself.......
AL your more than welcome to fit some lowering springs to my zed if you want to earn some cash on the side :wink: Well if you're cheap enough lol.......seriously thou mate :-k

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
So are AVOs the way to go then....

Cos im still choosy - cos yer got SPAX, X-Power, Eibach and AVO that all do lowering springs?!?!?!

Any help?

Cheers

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Im not bothered about the price (as there all about the same ish) as long as they do a good job, good quality.....but if the cheaper ones are better....ill go for them.....my warrenty WILL be intact even if i dont get the x-power springs....

All i want to know is basically for all brands -

How much?
How good?
How low?

Simple...

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Not sure about the other makes Bri but the Avo's are a 35mm drop and cost me £110. I then paid £80 for fitting at a car modding garage near mine.

I know that the eibach ones are also a 35mm drop and i think they cost about £155. The Xpower ones are a 20mm drop but i'm not to sure of the price (around £170 i think). These were the only ones that were available for the zr when i got mine! And be warned my mate was told that he could have rover 200/25 springs (untrue) so he got the SPAX ones after being told it was a 35mm drop, only to find it sat about 10mm lower!!!

With regards to the warrenty; officially unless they are mgrover parts or you have an agreement with your dealer (like AndyK160- they said as long as they fitted them they would honour his warrenty) your warrenty will be void. But i was told by my dealer (who i have to say are very good) that they would have to prove that any other problems that (may) occur definately were caused by alterations that i had made rather than me proving they weren't! I kept hearing funny noises from the right hand rear spring a few months back so i took it to my dealer to see what it was (thinkin if it were the springs i'd take it back to the people who did em) and my dealer fixed it there and then, no charge!! So really its at their discretion.

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Cheers...

My dealer is sound....and will let me do ANY mod to my zed and says my warrenty will be intact....when it was in the last time...i had the zorst, filter, rear lights.....they are well cool about modding!

SPAX now do a seperate ZR fitment...as well as the R25 fitment...!

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your wheels will need re alligning aswell. When you lower a car the top of the whhel leans in. Get this re alligned and it'll handle much better as more of the tyre will be in contact with the road when you corner.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Xpower=Eichbach=20mm Drop

1 - 20 of 20 Posts