MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
thinking of a turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
as above how much would i need when doing an oil change? is it 5 litres?
and im going to use 0w-40 castrol edge sport. does that seem right for my zr 160vvc?

ive emailed oilman but had no reply yet

oh and while im here how much antifreeze would i need if im flushing the old out and wots best to use?
any old OAT one of a sertain or just like the ones from halfords thats ready made up?(pink one)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
i got recommended 0W40 semi for my 160 when i had it and it ran smoother than on the normal 10W40 and i never went back to it :D
although it was friggin expensive lol

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
erm cant remember which brand i had but it was expensive stuff, think i paid £30-40 for a 5l bottle, and it was about £8 for a single litre

·
thinking of a turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
use the ready made pink stuff its on offer in halfrauds at the mo at £10,......
ok cheers for the reply will get it tomorrow

erm cant remember which brand i had but it was expensive stuff, think i paid £30-40 for a 5l bottle, and it was about £8 for a single litre
so i will need 6 litres then yer? im going to get the castrol edge sport 0w-40 should be fine you think??

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
yeah its about 4.5l

i bought a 5l can to fill it, and carried around an extra 1l one for emergencies ;)
i preferred how then engine ran on 0w40 but its up to you

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Synth is always better than semi on modern engines.

We ran all of our competiton 160 engines on Mobil 1 or Silkolene Pro R at MG S & R so if its good enough for them....

As for flushing I personally never have with std oil changes and don't think you really need to.

However someone probably has on this forum so they'll be able to recommend a good one

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.