MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Boost ftw!!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i were to put a 160 inlet manifold and 52mm tb on my 105 what difference if any would it make?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
If i were to put a 160 inlet manifold and 52mm tb on my 105 what difference if any would it make?
tbh not many 105 owners have this mod done as it requires engineering work to the head to match otherwise there isnt any point in fitting one so theres not many people that can comment on the gains.

i had mine proffesionally donw with AAautosport :D and it has made reasonable a difference to mine. not so much bhp increase but the engine is alot more free range reving and rev's right up to 7k with no hesitation. you will find abit more torque in the top end as aposed to lower end with the 105 manifold. paired with other engine mods such as the bmc cda, 52mm tb and 4-2-1 exhaust manifold it is a great set up for the 105. but on the other side of things, the car is still a 1.4 and it will cost you more money in the long run to modify the engine bhp than to buy a bigger sized one anyway. this is why everyone isnt so keen on doing this type of mod to the 1.4 105. i have now decided to go straight for the T16 2.0 turbo conversion, so my vvc inlet and 52mm tb may be up for grabs soon ;)

hope this info helps dude.

·
Boost ftw!!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tbh not many 105 owners have this mod done as it requires engineering work to the head to match otherwise there isnt any point in fitting one so theres not many people that can comment on the gains.

i had mine proffesionally donw with AAautosport :D and it has made reasonable a difference to mine. not so much bhp increase but the engine is alot more free range reving and rev's right up to 7k with no hesitation. you will find abit more torque in the top end as aposed to lower end with the 105 manifold. paired with other engine mods such as the bmc cda, 52mm tb and 4-2-1 exhaust manifold it is a great set up for the 105. but on the other side of things, the car is still a 1.4 and it will cost you more money in the long run to modify the engine bhp than to buy a bigger sized one anyway. this is why everyone isnt so keen on doing this type of mod to the 1.4 105. i have now decided to go straight for the T16 2.0 turbo conversion, so my vvc inlet and 52mm tb may be up for grabs soon ;)

hope this info helps dude.
Yeah, cheers mate. Don't think i'll bother with the manifold then. Sounds like too much work for too little a result. First dibs on your tb though!!??:mml: I've pm'd you too incase you didnt read this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts