MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am thinking about getting a MG ZR and i am just wondering how hard it is to get spare parts for it as MG have closed down. This is the only thing making me think twice about getting one so is it hard to get parts for it and will i have problems if i buy one?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
it depends which parts your after. the minor things like track rod ends and bottom arms etc are widely available but some body panels and things will be hard to get hold of

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
its easier to get parts than you think, as chris said theres loads of stuff on ebay

·
Registered
533 Posts
Most parts are still available. Some trim bits are unobtainable, and those that are available won't be remanufactured once supplies have run out unless there is a big demand. Most panels are available, but the rear quarter for the 3 door is not.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Most parts are still available. Some trim bits are unobtainable, and those that are available won't be remanufactured once supplies have run out unless there is a big demand. Most panels are available, but the rear quarter for the 3 door is not.
but you can just cut a rear 1/4 off one of the thousands of 200's in breakers.

That's one of the bonus' of a ZR being based on an ancient design, parts are dead easy and relatively cheap.

The hardest part I found was the Mk2 front bumper which now at least is being made in glass by motorbuild (although I haven't had to used one yet so don't know about build quality

·
Registered
962 Posts
Zr's are easy as theres loads of them about. plus as said they share many parts with the older 200 which came out in 96 so you've basically got nearly 10 years worth of parts out there.

Its the mk2 ZS thats a pain to get bits for as there wasn't as many about. Specially the bodykit bits off the 180, some parts of it are mega rare.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts