MG ZR Forums banner

Does the car need Disks on the rear wheels?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Doesn't matter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Big Slicks agony uncle
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just read the article about the rally ZR replica in Total MG and I was thinking I saw this beast at the BTCC gig at Croft near Darlington earlier this year. I honestly thought it was a rally car until it was pointed out to me that if it was, it wouldn't have had brake drums on the rear wheels.

I reckon the next thing they oughta do to that motor is ditch the tubs and stick some disks on the rear wheels as well.

Ewan. :xmas:

·
Big Slicks agony uncle
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As we were driving out of the BTCC at Croft, the guys at the rally replica car were watching me. I think they liked my car for some reason. At least I hope they did. :mrgreen:

Ewan.

·
Registered
258 Posts
saw this zed parked up this year when we went 2 the touring cars at oulton park.the drums r fine just not in green imo,also the tail pipes r way 2 big 4 me.but it aint my car so......

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I'm sure that tail pipe is illeagal. they arn't suposed ot pretrude more than an inch or two from the bodywork

·
Registered
82 Posts
Rally replica

Depends how far you want to go with the Rally car theme, 18s would be a big no on a genuine rally ZR! don't the S1600s run on Rover 25 15" 'Turbine' alloys normally? A guy local to me used to run a MG R backed ZR when they were first out and that ran on the 15" Minilight type Rover wheels. That said the replica looks better on the Wolfrace wheels

Rear discs do make any wheels look better regardless of the braking gains they may/may not offer. I'd just paint the rear drums black, but then I'm idle and could never have that degree of dedication to a car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts