MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone read Jerry's post on themgzr.co.uk forum yesterday?

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is not the first time either, we offered Keogh a stonking deal before that could have made his financial worries a lot easier... but it all fell through because he insisted on using coldfusion to write his own forum software :(

Cant blame him for wanting to try, but it does make me wonder if we'd be in this position now...

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just thought i'd add that a) I've realised I put this in the wrong forum, and b) if anyone wants to know more - feel free to PM me!

·
892 Posts
got a link to that post by Jerry anyone?

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The back seat of Keoghs car... by now :lol:

I obviously wont go into costs in public domain, but it does include the ability to use the current software here, and a guarantee'd server uptime!

Plus I believe Jerry offered use of some of the XPF gallery software!

I'll PM you with costs...

·
1,626 Posts
I think I saw that !

Coule there be an xpowerforums/themgzr.co.uk?

Hmmmm

could be fun (Imagine the site meet!)

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The offer is to allow themgzr.co.uk prosper under its own guidance, with XPF acting only as a hosting company, and it is registered as a ltd company - which I hope shows you how serious the setup is.

Whether or not you guys want any further involvement is upto yourselves, you are of course welcome with open arms! :)

You'd be suprised exactly how many sites there are that share resources, and I believe it could benefit both forums to be able to share them.

But there is no pressure to accept, its merely an offer of friendship 8)

·
1,626 Posts
I would be in favour of this but unfotunatley i have no sway of the new owners !

I understand just how important it is to give the site the best possible chance of staying alive for as long as possible

Plus I know a few peeps on there as well

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
muz - It is not to be, as the admins have already got a package they are happy with! :)

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Bech100 said:
mark this is the subject of my pm to you this morning i copied and sent you the comment by jerry and you emailed me back so assumed you knew what you were doing.

·
892 Posts
yellow-peril said:
Bech100 said:
mark this is the subject of my pm to you this morning i copied and sent you the comment by jerry and you emailed me back so assumed you knew what you were doing.
yeah, i know, i was just interested in reading the thread over at the other forum

Mark

·
Registered
7,457 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah jerry did offer me a awesome deal but as GT said I didnt go for it cos of fusion and also a few other matters.

But they have tons of bandwidth allowance overthere and a massive server.... also could get some affiliation with xpower also (they are a very popular site).

And if hob cant get things sorted out with this server (as he has mentioned to me a while ago that he is having probs sorting out domain and the access problems) then we could consider going there... won't have the access prolems then and maybe the domain could get sorted quicker too as Jerry might even know the IPS tag !

HOB HAVE A CHAT WITH JERRY IF NEEDED!

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Richy, as I said above - no-one was asking you to remove your uniqueness! :)

XPF is offering the hosting to allow this community to stay exactly as they want to be!

As Keogh has said, there is tons of bandwidth available - no limits, just a case of whats used is paid for. No profits are to be made from it either, and no adverts or special mentions are wanted in return.

If this thread was removed, no-one would even have any record of who was providing your hosting.

But I digress, the admin team have a solution already, so the issue is irrelevent ;)

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know why only some people can see the site? My home account connection see this website, but my work can. I know of others who are having similar problems in the quest url simply not answering?

·
892 Posts
Spalding said:
it takes time for it to circulate the net and for all the DNS servers to update.
Now your just stealing my posts :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts