1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HORNSEA CARNIVAL MEET
Planned for Carnival weekend 15-16-17 july 2005

Parade sat 16th july from 12 noon ish

yesterday i had a conversation with a member of the carnival committee and after that conversation i suggested that we put together a meet of mgs for participation in the carnival parade on saturday 16th july 2005. the meet will enable us to show off our cars and get together socially as a club . If weather is good the weekend attracts thousands of visitors within the town , and could attract 10,000 + people lining the route of the parade , usually lasts approx 45 mins to an hour . we would be expected to form at the local school field after 11am (the parade starting about 1pm )and reform there after the parade is finished . i realise this is a long way off and it is but the carnival committee has asked for an interim number to be able to provide space and promote as necasary , there will be floats (although they have been on the decline due to insurance and vehicle issues)bands ,majorettes etc vintage cars .and hopefully us the MGZR.co.uk forum members . we are not looking for commitment at this point ,only need to know what interest if any is gonna be generated for this special meet ,local and regional media may take up this story if we get the numbers up ,and anyone who was party to the 70 car mg convoy recently for donington btcc will know how impressive that was in convoy , we currently have 700 members ish and would hope we can muster 50+ for this event . we realise that not everybody will be able to make this event ,but im sure you will realise that a lot of planning is going to be needed to coordinate this plan, so anybody that is genuinely interested in paradeing there car as a member of theMGZR.co.uk please indicate so by adding your name to the thread . there is no limit to members who wish to attend but we need to have an idea of numbers , it would also be a great help if you could tell us whether you would be requiring accommadation or whether you would travel on the day

summary sat 16th july 2005 in hornsea

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....uicksearch=hornsea&addr3=&scale=100000&addr1=

link to enable people to judge travel times etc

let us know if you are interested , i will have to give them an indication at the next carnival meeting which is the third week in november.

·
Former Site Owner
3,525 Posts
shifty (definite) + tina (possible)
djpacif (definite)
Hoogie (Craig)
mustang /emma
ZRX
zrvic (Vici)
gsxrsuzuki (Lynn)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
whoops sorry got so excited forgot to add my name....thanx to whoever did that.

·
2,039 Posts
shifty (definite) + tina (possible)
djpacif (definite)
Hoogie (Craig)
mustang /emma
ZRX
zrvic (Vici)
gsxrsuzuki (Lynn)
AndyK160 (Andy)

·
Registered
24 Posts
ill take this one to the cleaners
so thats - shifty (definite) + tina (possible)
djpacif (definite)
Hoogie (Craig)
mustang /emma
ZRX
zrvic (Vici)
gsxrsuzuki (Lynn)
AndyK160 (Andy)
tonix2003 (toni)

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.