MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as it says my horn wont work. my cars a diesel zed and went through a massive puddle and since then my horn wont work. i have no idea what cud be wrong or how to go about fixing it. any help would be greatly appriciated!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
as it says my horn wont work. my cars a diesel zed and went through a massive puddle and since then my horn wont work. i have no idea what cud be wrong or how to go about fixing it. any help would be greatly appriciated!!!!!!!!
There is a sensor behind the steering wheel which often plays up if the steering wheel is removed & re-fitted just like mine!

Can't think of what the sensor is called but if you give Ralph at the garage (01634 388999) a call he can assist.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
halfrauds !!! probz £20 P155 to fit
The sensor won't be £20 from Halfords. I doubt they will stock it. It costs £90 believe it or not. One thig I do know is that it is the yellow part behind the steering wheel with several cables coming from it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well my foglight still works so its not a fuss. my steering wheel has never been taken off so do you think that would be the problem or more likely to be water in the actual horn and its just ****ed?

·
Registered
622 Posts
in the left hand wing behind the bumper there is 2 horns, check the connections out unplug then and if you can clean up the pins, spray some electrical cleaner in bot sides and when fitting bk together a smear of vaseline round the plastic, and in the connetor should stop any water getting in for future, you could also take the horn of and turn it upside down and put it on the radiator to dry it out, if your still stuck see if you have power going to the horn its self and see if when the horn is pressed its switching the earth( cant remember which way round it is but i think the earth is switched) hth

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.