MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Former Site Owner
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lies Your Parents Told You

It's 1984 and I'm 10 years old. Ski Sunday is on the telly, and I ask my dad why onlookers are banging cowbells and shouting every time a contestant skis past.

He says,

"it's so that blind skiers can keep away from the sides".

Beat That!!

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
but why do they bang the cowbells??

cant say my rents have lied to me, although the other way round and i could make a 10 page post up! :lol:

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
my dad lost his finger in a biking accident, for years he told me it was cos he had wrestled an escaped tiger!

·
1,431 Posts
my grandad has a small knife mounted on his livingroom wall,
as i child i was fascinated by it so one day i asked him where he got it from....

he told me "well, when i was in the navy i fell out of the ship and was attaked by a HUGE shark, and i killed it with that knife"....

i believed him.........

i later found out he wasn't even in the navy....... #-o

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
one of amys mates had that one used on her too rach!

·
1,431 Posts
Another one is.........

"if the music is on on the ice cream van, there is no ice creams left"....

EVIL :twisted:

·
Former Site Owner
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My grandads birthday was on Christmas day. So he used to tell me he was born in the next cot to Jesus.

Imagine my horror when it was his 80th party and I realised jesus was 1982.

Lying Bastard

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
the police do a good job.....

laughing even now

·
3,634 Posts
When i fell over as a little nipper and grazed my knee my mum use to get some cotton wool which had some antiseptic cream or something on and she use to say 'This wont hurt !!! ' [-X [-X LIAR !!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
3,634 Posts
tony-160vvc said:
emma said:
Another one is.........

"if the music is on on the ice cream van, there is no ice creams left"....

EVIL :twisted:
Thats what my Dad used to say!!!.....Ba****d!!! :eek: :twisted:
Didnt think ice cream vans were invented all those years ago ??? :-k :wink: :wink:

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
ice-cream cart? pulled by oxen?

or did they just bouce a cow up and down and get whipped cream?

·
Banned
107 Posts
I was told by my parents that my uncle lived with his "mate" for many years, only to realise when I was in my teens that it was actually his boyfriend!

·
1,431 Posts
jody said:
I was told by my parents that my uncle lived with his "mate" for many years, only to realise when I was in my teens that it was actually his boyfriend!
LMAO!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Being the right BASTARD I am ......when my eldest daughter was little she used to mither me to death...so I used to say to her

"Go upstairs & see if I'm there ...If I am tell me to come down I wanna talk to myself "

9 times outta 10 she did ....comin down the stairs shoutin ....."Daddy you wer'nt there so I could'nt give you your message "

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Followin on from the above .......I have ALWAYS called Marie by the Nick-Name ...."HIGGELDY"......

Took her YEARS to work out why...

Coz of the nursery ryme .."Higgeldy Piggeldy my fat HEN"

Still call it her now .....Off to work in the mornin & shout "See ya Higgeldy" .........

1 - 20 of 40 Posts