MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Magumbo Lover
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people,

Am looking to go to florida next year for holiday. Been looking at the usual suspects (First Choice, Thomson etc) but wondering if anyone had been with someone they could reccomend?

Perhaps even a hotel reccomendation?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Where in FL?

Me and the lil bro will be off there in just short of 7 weeks... 3rd time in just over a year.

Last twice have been with Flyglobespan - punctuality leaves A LOT to be desired but they do the job. Time before that was with Airtours and it was perfect.

Hotels... we've stayed in Quality Inn (9000 Intl Dr), Best Western Intl Suites and will be a week in one down Clearwater direction this time. All we look for is a place to sleep as we normally get in between 00:00 and 02:00-02:30 most mornings and back up again about 08:00. :)

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
I'm going for a Disney Christmas this year. We went through our local travel agent and are flying Virgin and have some villas booked in Kissimie (sp?) for the first two weeks when the whole family is there.

For the last week we used Trip Advisor.Com to check out hotels and booked them through the web direct.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Any recommendations on how to stay there permanently (short of marrying at this point in time)? :)

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
As you'll know it's very hard to get a permanent visa to be able to live in the U.S. forever :(
I know... been trying for almost a year now. Not that long in the whole scale of things but it does get frustrating.

Not a problem for me with my step Dad being American means it allows me to be able to live here (i plan to move here in the future), take it your mother or father isn't American or Canadian?
Nope, neither of them are unfortunately. Just the GF which makes it harder. :yucky:

You could apply for a work visa, they can last up to a couple of year iirc? Whats the maximum staying stay atm, isn't it something like 6 months? We had some friends that used to just travel back home every 6 months and then come straight back, wouldn't cost a load considering you would save loads in American anyway with everything being so cheap?
Depends on the job. Anything from 6 months to 7 years IIRC (including the extension period if you can get it).
Yeah, max stay in one stint is 6 months but you can only visit if you are doing that. I'd need a job if i was to stay that long and you can't do that legally. :(

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Just heard on the radio.....

Don't fly Globespan.

They've been Fined £50,000 for flying from Liverpool to Florida with a faulty plane. Fair enough it was a plane load of scousers but still....

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Just heard on the radio.....

Don't fly Globespan.

They've been Fined £50,000 for flying from Liverpool to Florida with a faulty plane. Fair enough it was a plane load of scousers but still....
Was just £5,000 (BBC) and it's too late not to fly with them - tickets are booked. It was actually OK to fly the plane but it was the fact that the pilots had 'extra stress' to contend with doing manual verification of the engine thrust they took issue with.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Been in Quality Inn on (9000) Intl Dr, and Best Western Univ Suites (at Wet n Wild turn right rather than Left as if you were heading to City Walk).

Best Western was a disaster TBH. Quality Inn was OK but if you are looking something nice then look somewhere else. We were only looking a place to sleep for the night. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Im going tomorrow, we're staying in a rented villa, its definately the way to do it, as said, huge house/villa, private pool etc

·
Registered
384 Posts
I stayed in a villa in Kissimmee the 1st time I went to Florida. The only downside to that is the driving everywhere. The 2nd time I stayed in a hotel called Quality Suites. Its just round the corner from International Drive and walking distance to Wet'n'wild. Loads of shops, restaurants etc etc. There was also free transport to all the parks and not forgetting cocktail hour where all the drinks were free. I say hour, but more like 5 hours. I've attached a picture from google earth of where I stayed.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
The place we stayed last time is where just above and to the right of the '482' symbol (just tucked between Univ Blvd / Lakehurst Dr / W Sand Lake

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
im heading in 4 week and am staying in the Quality Inn, going with Airtours/Thomas Cook/MyTravel or what ever the **** they are called now, keep changing their name

1 - 15 of 15 Posts