MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All these are pretty obvious, but they are here to refer to, and for new users to see.

Please post to the appropriate forum.

When replying to a post, please keep your comments on the subject of the original post. The person who originates the post dictates the topic of the post. If the thread gets you thinking about another topic, start a new thread.

Ads and Commercial notices are not permitted on the boards in any form (unless pre-approved by a forum admin). If you have any doubt if your post falls in this category, contact the webmaster before posting.

When a users posts a question in the forum, replies are expected to address the inquiry seriously. Please reserve your wit and tongue-in-cheek answers for later replies, after the original query has been fully addressed. This is doubly important when the post is from a relatively new user.

If you see a post that you consider inappropriate for the board, please do not attempt to moderate the thread yourself. Just notify the moderator. Bear in mind that if you participate in a “flame war” you are likely to bear the same punishment as the instigator. If you really need to answer back, do it in a PM. Even if you feel the post is a troll (i.e. a deliberate attempt to rile people up about a subject that has been beaten to death), don’t reply to it, and notify a moderator.

Conversational “chaff” should be minimized in discussion threads. The forum is not a chat room. If your reply doesn’t introduce new information to the post, consider not making it. When addressing comments to a particular user, and not a topic of the post, please use a Personal Message (PM) rather than replying in the thread.

Please keep your posts positive, constructive, and about the issue in the thread. theMGZR.co.uk boards are not a platform for personal or anonymous attacks. Do not use disparaging references towards other people on the board, even if you disagree with their ideas.

Images in signatures should be small, and quick to load. If your image takes a long time to download because of size, or because the server it's hosted on is not good, don't use it please. Guidelines for signatures are - Image should be no larger than 400 pixels wide and 100 pixels high - only one image can ve used, and no more than 255 can be inputted.

Accounts & Profiles: Please complete your user profile with accurate information.

Rights: theMZR.co.uk boards are used by hundereds of people from a wide geographic distribution. Some people visit the board once, some once and hour. The boards are here to serve the community as a whole. Users who posts 20 times a day have no greater privilege than those who post twice a year. Posters are measured by the quality of what they add to the discussion, rather than the volume. This is a privately owned and operated board please bear that in mind when posting threads or replying to other members posts.

Am just confused by these rules !! I think no one on here seems to take any notice of these !! I've just had a quick look through some of the threads and in nearly every one at least 2 of these rules are broken!! Are these to be taken seriously ?? Or are they just a relaxed ruling to keep things in reasonable order?? Coz i think if yer were gonna attempt to moderate them yer will be editing posts and deleting threads all day long !!

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Well i was thinkin something along those lines since...they were here, then gone....!!!

And now back....hmm :-k

I hear by swear to try and follow the rules to the best of my ability....with maybe a few slight bends or cracks!!! he he he! :-^

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
They were here but quite different!! they have now been changed and after some consideration slightly relaxed!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts