MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right i got some things i have to buy this month which hopefully millhouse will still have, but next thing i wanna be gettin are HIDs

now i have read people who have had the 6k wish they had the 8k and the people who had the 8k wish they had the 10k, so im thinking of jumping straight in at the 10k

questions are as follows

1.how easy are they to install?

2. should i really be going for 10k? just that my head lights are well crap and i need as bright as i can, am i under the correct asumption that the 10ks are brighter than the 8's and its not just colour definition?

3. are only the dipped lights changed, so full beam and sides are normal crappy ones?

ta much

nafe

·
"two infinitys, and beyond"
582 Posts
Higher the number the more blue they look, and less visable light they produce.
So 10k would have more of a blue tint to them than 6k and 8k

But 6k would give you the best visable light on the road with still a slight blue/white tint.

I personally had 6k in my LCR and i wouldnt go higher, the amount of light they gave off was amazing! really helped at night in country roads. Ive been in cars with higher grade HIDs that appear more blue and its no better than having normal yellow light for visability purposes.

If you want the blue look purely for looks, go 10k
If you want to be able to see more at night, get 3k or 6k (3k being almost complete white)

12k are also available, these are virtually purple if i remember correctly?

Suppose it also depends on the quality of the product you buy, mine were made by BOSCH and were very good indeed.
Simple to install aswell, but then that was a completely different car, cant see it being much different tho.

I have some pics somewhere of my LCR With 6k, ill upload them in a sec so you can see. Head on they look blue, but from behind the wheel its almost a white light enabling you to see so far (i only got flashed twice i think in 6months, i had them on the lowest setting, also passed MOT)

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
questions are as follows

1.how easy are they to install?

2. should i really be going for 10k? just that my head lights are well crap and i need as bright as i can, am i under the correct asumption that the 10ks are brighter than the 8's and its not just colour definition?

3. are only the dipped lights changed, so full beam and sides are normal crappy ones?

ta much

nafe
1. Very easy! :D

2. 6000k kits are brighter than the 8000k and the 1000k ;)
The lower the "k" rating, the brighter they are.

3. Yes, only the dipped beam would change, you'll need a seperate kit to upgrade the main beam

:)

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
BTW, you'll get alot more hastle from the rozzers if you have the 8-10000k kits.
You can get away with the 6000k kits as they are more white than blue.

Fuction over looks i guess ;)

You have to remember that all aftermarket HID kits are actually illegal.
You want to be drawing as little attention to it as possible :)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
right so im torn between 6k and 8k now cus i want lots of light but i want a tiny bit of blue too! need some one in the mids with them to show me lol

and thanks for takin time to upload pix chap!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.