MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this wiring diagram as I am trying to fit an illuminating starter switch which comes on only when it is to be pushed and then goes off once engine starts. I know that to do this I need to tap into the oil warning light circuit as this light comes on when the key is turned and goes off when engine starts. Its on this diagram but I am still unsure where I am meant to attach the two wires that come from the illuminating part of the button. ANy help please?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes sorry the second pic was supposed to be bigger as it said on the photo uploadin site bigger pic for forum yet it was the same size lol idiots! I really wanted to but it seems complicated and I couldn't be bothered at the moment lol have now just resprayed button yellow from the original red to match rest of interior. May have a go at the illumination in the future. Gone for the lazy option I know but it works and looks good as it is so why fix what isn't broken i guess.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'm afraid I don't have it now mate but PM lightsabre he gave it to me and is the site whizz on all things electrical from what I can work out
No worries Old Bean, I'll have a butcher's with an electrical voltage meter and see what I can find when I whip my clocks out tomorrow...

·
Registered
118 Posts
The wire you will be after is yellow/red off the top of my head (a little confusing as they changed from white/brown). This wire makes and breaks the Earthing circuit to the Oil pressure bulb at the intrument pack, supplied with a 12v Ignition feed. So you will need a 12v ignition feed to the one side of the bulb on the Starter switch and then tap into the wire mentioned above. :)

Need to check on this wire...will try do it later today :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The wire you will be after is yellow/red off the top of my head (a little confusing as they changed from white/brown). This wire makes and breaks the Earthing circuit to the Oil pressure bulb at the intrument pack, supplied with a 12v Ignition feed. So you will need a 12v ignition feed to the one side of the bulb on the Starter switch and then tap into the wire mentioned above. :)

Need to check on this wire...will try do it later today :)
Well a 12v feed is no probs, there is a permnent feed to the clock to keep it powered. I'll check this out as well :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.