MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just topping up my oil and i noticed that the colour of the body work under the bonnet is green but my car is anthracite black. im not sure whether this green is the colour of the bodywork before they spray the cars or whether my car has been resprayed. also the boot is the same colour by the spare wheel. a few months ago me and my old man were convinced that this car has been in a crash and now if this car was originally green then i think we might be right.
so could someone tell me whether this is the same in their car or is under the bonnet the same colour as the rest of the car?
please help!!!

·
892 Posts
It is all the same colour.

If you take the rubber door seal of the passenger side door, there will be a part of the car that hasn't been painted (this is the case for ALL ZR's, dont ask me why).

The colour of the bit that aint been painted is grey.

·
1,443 Posts
It should tell you on the V5 logbook mate. If it says black then you'll need to do an hpi check.

If you've bought the car 2nd hand you should have hpi checked before buying it. Its only £35 to have it done but it could save you thousands in the long run. I mean try selling your car on if it is indeed under hpi

Something is wrong and chances are it is indeed a category damaged car. Hpi will tell you this. HPI will also tell you the original colour of the car.

http://www.hpicheck.com/

I would reccomend getting it done mate as if you try and sell the car later on and keep quiet about it then you are breaking the law and would be held liable. The next owner may even come hunting you down. It will keep your mind at rest and 30 odd quid isn't really a lot of money for self assurance.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah but i bought this from an mg dealer, surely they would have told me, actually knowing MG and their shit cars and service then no they pro wont have told me!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just found the v5 document and on it it says grey, now i thought mine was anthracite black. are these to colours similar?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i cant take pics i had my camera nicked, but under the bonnet all the metal is green, its as if the car was green before

·
1,443 Posts
Grey/Green/Black??

Sounds iffy mate.

Ask someone else with an anthracite car to double check. Post up a thread asking for black owners to respond and ask them to compare.

You will be able to sue the MG dealership if its been sold and you find its been in a crash.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have been in and asked them before but they said they didnt know but all they told me was it had had been in for £600 worth of repairs. on my v5 it says grey, my car to look at is anthracite black and under the bonnet and boot carpet the bodywork is green. im well confused

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
hpi check mate...

if the dealer didnt know they want bloody shooting.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
il have to get it done after xmas, but surely you shouldnt have to hpi it if it comes from a dealer?

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
you shouldnt HAVE to, but if the dealer is doing their job properly and they dont check themselves, then u dont know what ur getting.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have had so much shit with this car it is unbelievable, ic ant wait to get rid of it and hopefully get a civic type r :)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys i wont bother now then if your are the same as mine

·
Registered
326 Posts
krizr said:
It's ok mate mine says gray too, but under my bonnet it's greeny and it's ment to be Anthracite!
i got aperal black am im the same under ma spare wheel is all green bud
must be the colour of the motor before it gets painted.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I'd still go to the dealers and sort it ASAP.

1: If your involved in a crash (god forbid), the V5 says GRAY and the car is BLACK then you will find that you don't have insurance.

2: If the details are wrong on the V5, you could find yourself with a fine for having an 'un-registered' car.

·
455 Posts
raw nerve touched me thinks . . .

BTW, mine is BEIGE under the bonnet!

WTF?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts