MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
thinking of a turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there i asked a while ago about with tyres to getg in 205/45/17 and i decided on toyo t1-r. but now someone has said because i do a lot on motorway driving that they will wear out very quickly, so which is the best to go for as i do about 80 miles a day to work so want them to last long but also want good grip in wet and dry :D

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
hi there i asked a while ago about with tyres to getg in 205/45/17 and i decided on toyo t1-r. but now someone has said because i do a lot on motorway driving that they will wear out very quickly, so which is the best to go for as i do about 80 miles a day to work so want them to last long but also want good grip in wet and dry :D
Ahh the unobtainable tyre, good grip and long lasting, the two don't happen, you just need to find a good compromise. Bridgestone? Anyone had any experience with Hankook?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts

Federals approx £50 each delivered
Contis Approx £110 each delivered

Plus what I like best about the feds is the superb big rim protector, you'd have to kit the kerb at extremely high speed to scrape your rims.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts

Federals approx £50 each delivered
Contis Approx £110 each delivered

Plus what I like best about the feds is the superb big rim protector, you'd have to kit the kerb at extremely high speed to scrape your rims.
They seem a good tyre but I've never tried them

However after trying Toyo T1-R when the were supposed to be brilliant and finding they were useless in the wet I think I'll probably stick to Conti's.
After all if they are good enough to be std fit on a 911.....

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
I have been using Yokohama Prada Spec 2's stick like the proverbial to a blanket and arer very good in the wet, but as with a lot of tyres like this, they tend to wear quickly.

Hankooks were like driving on ice in the wet when I bought some wheels with them fitted. I actually thought I had got a puncture and pulled over to check.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Hankooks were like driving on ice in the wet when I bought some wheels with them fitted. I actually thought I had got a puncture and pulled over to check.
That's a shame, I had heard some good things about there ventus range and their rally tyres are quite good

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
the best set of tyre's ive ever had was Goodyear Eagle F1's.

Had a set of these on the 205 Gti i had and they grip like nothing ive ever had. Obv in the wet no tyre will be as good but id reccomend these to anyone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
As from experience toyos are good for comp. but if you use them for norm. road use they are not the best... I've got continental tyres which is ideal but have to work hard breaking when in wet weather... avon tyres are the best but have to spend a few bucks to have them...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts