MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have recently brought 2 cathode tubes for the footwell of my zr. but i'm lead to believe i will need to get the power source from my stereo? can somebody tell me how to take my stereo out. i have lost the tools that came with it. Cheers

·
Banned
1,364 Posts
take power source from where u want, direct from the bat if u wish with a switch, i prefer to wire mine thru the HU's illumination feed then the lights can only be turned out with sidelights, n u only need those when its gettin dark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i kno its moved a bit of ice but i'm still stuck. Where can i connect these to (ones male ones female). Will there be anywhere free in my zr. thanks

·
X-ZR Owner
1,120 Posts
I fitted some cold cathodes very similar to that last week. I just wired them in to the cigerette lighter feed. Its fairly easy to get to by reaching around the back of the centre console and the cable just pulls off the back of it.

Attach the black cable on the cold cathode feed to the black cable on the cigerette lighter feed, and then connect the red cable from the cathodes to the live feed on the cigerette lighter (green and purple cable)

Hope that helps. :up:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks very mcuh just didn't want to cut the wires incase i needed them. all installed now tho. Thanks very much for your help people

1 - 7 of 7 Posts