MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just fitted a powerflow back box now want a good induction kit i believe sealed kits are best which one ? how much ?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Pretty much any of the enclosed systems will be fine for the 105.

From about £150 upwards for a semi decent one.

·
455 Posts
*cough :wallb:

:down1: :down1: :down1:

·
455 Posts
got to give it a go Shaun! ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
course you do mate :) want me to put it up for sale on my forums aswell for ya? you could register to get your discount (see discount section) and put it for sale on my forums aswell mate - double the chance ;)

Always thinking :)

·
455 Posts
I got that zorst from Powerflow in the end (like you told me to try), Magnex Tri Oval cat back, 300 notes fitted.

·
Registered
556 Posts
This is probably the best performing closed induction kit on the market
The viper has been proven NOT to be the best on the market at all. I have one and have found better. Although you need more than 190bhp to know it.

A viper is way to expensive for use on a 105. There are far cheaper solutions that will be just as good on that engine.

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Well as we dont all drive Tomcats we cant all have 190+ BHP...

Anyway, there are other considerations than "just" power gains, some people like a nice sound. A Taipan 2 can give good gains but doesnt have that sexy Japanese whine to it for example.
Looks can also play a part, especially with show cars.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The Viper does look good. But Mike Satur's Vader looks as good and is better for the same money.

There are just better solutions for the 105 that doesn't requuire anywhere near that outlay.

·
Registered
48 Posts
the ITG filter is the best so ive heard u get it in the xpower stage one kit, its cost about £320 but its all carbon fibre, contact rich (zrx) if u want one! but worth every penny! :up:

G

·
Jib 21 said:
And I am sure you will agree the Viper glows in all those catagories, the Carbon case really sets it off
Indeed I do. Saving up me pocket for one this summer :up:
There are cheaper carbon cased filters as well.

Icon Styling do them and give a club discount, Diavolo. A few people on here have them and swear by them as well. A good kit for around £100 (dosent include the heat shield though)

I am pretty certain that there are other manufacturers on here as well (Stewart) that can offer good deals as well without having to plug all the time (and yes I am still smarting after getting stung over those seat belt clips) :x:

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
bradhunt5 said:
the ITG filter is the best so ive heard u get it in the xpower stage one kit, its cost about £320 but its all carbon fibre, contact rich (zrx) if u want one! but worth every penny! :up:
£360 from janspeed, but is overkill on a 1.4

1 - 20 of 28 Posts