MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys. thinking of getting tints in my car but dont know where to go. ideally in the kent area. how much would i expect to pay as well?? cheers guys. :up:

·
989 Posts
I would check the law about window tints like cos there was fuckin loads of people handed fines out yesterday at the arnison center up north...

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
Here is the lowdown on tints: i got this from a forum i used to be with.

It is illegal for any tinting film to be fitted front of the b-pillar after Jan 04, so you can now only get your rear window and rear passenger windows tinted.

VLT = Visual Light Transmission

The front windows must allow a minimum of 70% VLT, the lightest tint film only allows 50% VLT.

The glass that comes with most cars, tinted by the manufacturer, is around 80% VLT, so even the lightest smoke film on top of that reduces it to around 30% VLT.

Hope this helps :up:

If you have tints -

Between 30% and 70% VLT (fitted before Jan 04) you will normally be issued with a rectification notice, giving time to get them removed (normally 10 days).

If fitted after Jan 04 or less than 30% VLT, there is a good chance you will be prosecuted.

Window tint fitters could also face prosecution if they fit tints forward of the b-pillar after Jan 04.

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
i am looking to get some tints done mate...wanted limo tints at the back but it would look silly against a normal window so probs best to get it not as dark round the back..

·
Registered
708 Posts
i have dark smoke round the back three then the front two i have light smoke and it looks pretty good i think mate take a look.

<-------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts