MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When im driving and the car gets to around 2000 rpm (when the turbo comes on) i start losing power. Well its more like a hesitancy, and there is a pause and in effect the turbo doesnt actually come on properly untill 2600 rpm. When im travelling between 45-55 in 5th gear (again around 2000-2500rpm) the engine jumps and hesitates like its starved of power.

Anyone any ideas whats wrong?

To make it worse im supposed to be driving to swindon tommorrow @ 6am! Always when you need ya car most, summit goes wrong!

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
have a look at the intercooler hoses.....one might be loose or split.also check the boost controler pipes.(on bulkhead)....take the plastic cover off the top of the eng ang start the eng,rev it up useing the throtal on the dr side wing and look for any leaks......hope it helps...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mustang351 said:
have a look at the intercooler hoses.....one might be loose or split.also check the boost controler pipes.(on bulkhead)....take the plastic cover off the top of the eng ang start the eng,rev it up useing the throtal on the dr side wing and look for any leaks......hope it helps...
Checked the intercooler hoses, and tried to further tighten the jubilee clips, but it wasnt that. Took off the tuning box and it seemed to help a bit but it wasnt curing the problem. Will check for leaks 2moz morning before i leave.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
the maf sensor......
easy to clean.remove plug.remove the 2 security screws.(small flat blade screwdriver)
squirt a load of switch cleaner on it and clean with a cotton wool bud...DONT press hard on it.....
re fit......

·
Registered
8 Posts
mustang351 said:
the maf sensor......
easy to clean.remove plug.remove the 2 security screws.(small flat blade screwdriver)
squirt a load of switch cleaner on it and clean with a cotton wool bud...DONT press hard on it.....
re fit......
I shall say what Mustang said, just to ram home the point:

Do NOT press hard on the little 'wafer' which is the MAF sensor - its very, very very delicate

...oh and your looking at a lot of cha-ching for a new one - around the £100 mark iirc, but i'll check later on EPC.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its under warrenty so i'll let the garage sort it. They can fix my door card and look at my rear suspension whilst its there. Cheers peeps!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya it was the air mass sensor. All fixed under warrenty and the car has had a once over, and feels like new again!! :mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts