MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anybody who knows a little about suspension. Got a zr160 with moto-build springs and its crap. I know springs are supposed to be matched to dampers but I've never known a lowered car (springs) to handle so badly ! It's fairly controlled at low speeds but at higher speeds over a few bumps the car starts to lose its composure and starts to bounce and tug all over the place. It gets so bad that you can't even get the power down sometimes ! So does anybody have any recommendations, ie. bilstein dampers, koni's, camber changes etc. ? Would appreciate any feedback so I can stop doing this... :left: ](*,)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
moto-build
i think a few ppl will say this is the problem :) mine has been lowered with just springs, doesnt seem any less controlable, but saying that i mostly stay under 40 and dont do alot of motorway driving at the mo

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
It is probably the Moto Build springs, they have been know just to cut standard springs before, so unless you can be absolutly sure of the maker of the springs I would probably get them replaced ASAP.

Steve

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is this true !!!!! Bloody hell ! Wish I'd know that before !! :eek: :eek:h:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts