MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kerbed my car while doing about 20mph pther day on wet road. Drivers side mounted kerb and tyre went POP. Car then slid to other side of road and scraped passenger alloy. Ive had a new sub fram fitted and new wheel bearings fitted to passenger side and hub seems ok but its still making this horrible scraping noise and you can feel it sometimes when driving.

Oh yeah drivers wheel is actually buckled too but got new wheel on its way from Ebay. Buckled wheel doesnt cause noise as tried it with spare instead and sounds just as bad. Theres slight scuffing marks on Suspension cup on drivers side but this has since started to rust up a bit indicating no further scuffing for a while.

Even the guys down at Rover Dixon dont seem to know whats wrong?

Any advice? Im desperate, darent go above 50 :aww:

Thanks,

Blake.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive been to three garages in total now.

First one said it might be passenger side hub assembly which would cost nearly 600 quid! They fitted new tyre but didnt notice that wheel was actually buckled, and let me on my way.

Second garage had it for ages and in that time fitted new sub frame and said its now fine, scraping must be wheel bearings but he said to let it develop (!) so he can diagnose the problem better. Fucking muppet. I still aint paid him yet and dont intend to for time being. ( He swapped wheels over so tread was facing wrong way and generally didnt give a shit about me or my car).

Third garage (rover Dixon Doncaster) charged me 130 quid just to fit new passenger side wheel bearings and that aint even the cause of the noise anyway. They said steering will feel 'funny' due to buckled wheel but its safe to drive.

They're now telling me to bring it in early october again and take another look, but i need my car to get to work so cant aford to be without it.

I feel like everyones giving me the run around and i cant just get a straight answer. Its very frustarating. Should have been simple.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Could be the lower arms on your suspention! They bend really easy from side impact. Anti roll bar might also be bent. Take it to have the geometry tested. I had to have two new lower arms and an anti roll bar. All bent to fuck. And how about tracking! If its out it could be rubbing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers mate ill mention that to garage when i go into to have a ranyt tomorrow!

Im well pissed off with it now think i could do a better diagnostics than the so called experts. Fucking muppets :argh:

·
Registered
96 Posts
My old MG metro was parked outside my house when that lady across the road reversed so fast out of her driveway straight into the back/side of my car and broke the body off of the subframe. I took it to my local Rover garage cause it was making an awful banging noise every time i breaked changed gear or accelerated. He told me my exhaust was loose. He said it was fine and safe to drive. I wasn't happy with his opinion and took it some where else the jacked it up and the car fell apart they condemed it and said they were suprised I hadn't crashed on the way to them! Instills faith in the local Rover garage doesn't it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts