MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, ive sprayed my vents and centre console today but i cant figure how to take the clock surround off and the little shelf surround on the passenger side of the dash. Can any one help me out please :D cheers Liam.
Oh yeah its a MK1 ZR :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried but felt like i was gna snap something, Also how do you get the clock surround off, ive undone the 2 screws at the top is there anymore?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
i assume u mean speedo surround? theres 2 more screws behind the rubber strip at the bottom, above the steering wheel base, lift it up, undo screws. then its a case of pry it off, its a pain but it will come off :D

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
there arent any screws in the clock surround on mk1... well if there was there isnt now :D haha joking there really isnt any... they are a nightmare to get off though :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thats what it looks like so far, not bad for a days work me thinks. Gonna get crackin with the clock surround, speedo surround and lil tray tomoro. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
looks nice thatmate, whoz thinkin of doin the same for ages, what paint ya use and how ? i bet theres a hundred posts like this if there is sorry

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
very nice effort although too blue for my liking. i got an armrest for mine ages back, smoothed it and did it in gloss black and im nearly done with a spare front consol i "aqquired". the vents etc ive got in silver to go with the tf gearknob and tf alloy steering wheel that i should have complete soon :D

its a long process lol

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
oooh i could do with that, only dash part i dont have spare! so i can do a set while leaving the others in lol
how much?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts