MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a guitar body finish i saw ages ago, i think it was cherry sunburst it looked like a blood red colour going to black, does anyone know if its still being made etc,

cheers :D

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope was a fender strat, never seen it before :( soon as i saw it thou :D

·
Sick puppy!
8,091 Posts
i have a fender strat 60's series re-issue sunburst which prob the color u want...ill get u a pic

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kabash said:
i have a fender strat 60's series re-issue sunburst which prob the color u want...ill get u a pic
:eek: [-o<

·
763 Posts
yeah i know the strat your getting on about, the problem with fender is they do so many different designs etc,
i got my strat custum sprayed, its white with a black scratch plate, locking tuning nuts (very expensive) and im trying to sell it,

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea, i got to get an american made one, my mexican one is literally falling apart :(

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers but im after a us one (pref blood red cherry sunburst :()

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
hob said:
yea, i got to get an american made one, my mexican one is literally falling apart :(
The Mexican Strat's were nearly all pants, that was the main reason for switching production over to Squier in Japan, although the early Squier ones had Fender as the main logo.

Leo Fender himself said that quality wise they were head and shoulders above the Mex Strats at the time.

I used to have one of the very first (by serial number) bullet truss rod, 3 bolt neck Squiers and it was awesome.

I sold it because I got offered silly money for it and regretted it ever since.

Now I just have an early Silver Series, that runs American switchgear, heavy strings and pickups that were originally handmade for Chris Rea. The sound it makes is unique - (especially if I play the wrong chord :eek: ) Absolutely no amount of money could buy this one.......

Jap Strats's are OK (well the early ones are at least), but if ya want proper thick sounds and no hassle, you've got to change the pickups and particularly the selector switch for an American one.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pickups are no probs 3 seymore duncan hot rails :D

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
hob said:
Yup - they would be a big improvement on the standard items \:D/ - are you gonna transfer them onto the new sunburst when you get it then ?

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DriveBy said:
hob said:
Yup - they would be a big improvement on the standard items \:D/ - are you gonna transfer them onto the new sunburst when you get it then ?
yea there worth more than my current guitar :D

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
LOL at that - It aint about the money though - it's all about the sound, that's all that matters :grin: :grin:

I spent loads more on mine after I bought it, than I did buying it. I changed almost everything, including the neck for a rosewood item.

I very nearly chucked it all in against a Satriani Ibanez once, but I couldn't quite get my head round paying over a grand for a Taiwanese guitar :eek:

Maybe guitars are like having the Zed, they are OK standard, but can always be improved on.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
amen :D

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MParker873 said:
sure it wasnt a 1 off custom finish? Althought I am not a Strat fan I prefer telecasters, or my Charvel Jackson
i hope not but its begining to look that way :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts