MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've currently got the standard radio for a Rover 25, which i believe is different to the MG ZR one, just wondered how the heck to get it out. It has only two holes which both have Allen key screws in (grub screws as my dad calls them), as you can see in the picture there is also two slits at the top of the unit, but when i poked something in there it appeared that there was nothing there. The grub screws can be undone and the headunit is looser than it was but will not pull out. There a photo below to help (crap quality but taken on my phone soz :( )

Im looking to replace the Headunit with this, anyone got any views, or suggestions? Im on a tight budget £100 MAX, and this one appears to do everything I could want, im not looking for show quality or anything just a step up from stock and AUX in for my mp3 player.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/kenwood-kdcw5041ua-p-6380.html?cadid=a37b3698b65d66c69e9cb7a148d9d9eb

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
see the holes each side of the radio? if youve got the keys shove them in there and pull
if not

get somethink that will fit in each hole and pull

simple as that

·
Banned
3,033 Posts
Same as mine, just unscrew the allen bolts and pull it out ;) Is held in quite tight so will take a bit of force to get it out... Good luck on getting the holder off the connector too, i had to snap mine off...

·
Banned
3,033 Posts
You will most likely need an adapter too for the wiring because it isnt standard ISO. You will need a BMW harness adapter, not exactly sure what model, will look on the autoleads box tomorrow for you...

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
they have allen key screws in rover headunits lol didnt no that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts