MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"two infinitys, and beyond"
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last nite whilst working on my car in the dark, i dropped the torch as i stood up, so naturally i went to catch it and as i did it hit the roof of the car (just above drivers door) and i put my hand on top of it, but it sort of landed on a corner (its a rectangular torch) and made 3 tiny little scratches.
I can just see 3 tiny little silver stripes (ill invest in a rubber torch today me thinks) and it is only gonna irrate me.
How do i solve this? a mate recormended gettin some pen stick thing from halfords to blend the paint in over the mark. Will this do it and not damage the paint anymore?

Thnx :D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
should do ok that .....touch up stick from MG would be better (but 3 times as much) ......

if, when you do it ..it "Looks" ..."lumpy" you could try rubbin it in wiv "brasso wadding " that will take away the "touch up look" of it

If it's not that deep (the scratch) get some "colour" T-cut" on it before you try the touch up paint !!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Or try Turtle wax coloured wax with wax stick.
Use the stick on deep scratches or just use the coloured polish on the lighter ones. It doesn't hide them completely but makes them more or less unnoticeable (on Trophy Blue anyway).

Bet you keep re-living that moment when you dropped the torch over and over again in slow motion :hurt:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts