MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just droping off as i have wrk at hlf 5 in the morning when my old dear shouts me to tell me my alarm was goin off so went to my car opened it witht the fob no lights to indicate that id opened it or nothing got in the car starts fine so locked it lights flashed this time so thort was just one of those things hour later she shouts me again so go and have a look open with fob opens fine then go to lock it , it locks but sets alarm off straight away so started it again it has the boot open warning light open and close the boot nothing there and still has warning sign on it and no iteria light or boot light!! i did install some leds earlier but i took them off the cigarete lighter straight from the back of the lighter to a switch so woudnt be on all the time what have i done or is that nothing to do with it? help please lol

·
Registered
506 Posts
have you tried lockin it with just the key with my mk1 zed that activates imobiliser but not alarm as this is what i had to do when someone smashed my window otherwise i think the fuse for the alarm is under the bonnet.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have you tried lockin it with just the key with my mk1 zed that activates imobiliser but not alarm as this is what i had to do when someone smashed my window otherwise i think the fuse for the alarm is under the bonnet.
yeh i tried the key but that set it off too but after i started it i tried again and it was ok locked fine just hope it doesnt go off again otherwise i will take the fuse out cheers

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
strange that hope it works for you otherwise it could be one long night!
cheers that worked :thumbsup: and i have realised what i had done when i was fitting the leds i had taken the fuse for the cigarete lighter out and then i had put it in the wrong fuse holder :slap: so hopefully that was the problem touch wood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts