MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"two infinitys, and beyond"
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok just picked up a heat shield to put on the back of me 105. However it hasnt come with any screws so now ive got to go to B&Q aswell lol.

Is it just a simple screw on job? - the bottom bit of the bumper dont seem too strong so dont really wanna put a drill to it, is it soft enuf to just push hardish with a screw driver and make the holes with the screws as i screw it? if that makes sense rofl.

Dont want to try one method to find it dont work and to hav made a complete mess of it rofl :D

ta

·
LU HG
3,487 Posts
how do i get it to sit flush? when i line it up there is about half a centimeter of the bumper section around the shield.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
got the same prob wi mine mate, havent got my arse round to sortin it out but someone said just to grind back the metal a bit where its stoppin the shield sittin flush!! :bash:

·
Registered
54 Posts
JUST GO 2 UR LOCAL MG GARAGE AND GET THE PROPPER SCREWS WITH AN ALLEN KEY FIT, I DID 4 MINE. THEY WONT RUST AS EASY. AND THE BK BUMPER IS STRONG ENOUGH TO DRILL THROUGH

·
LU HG
3,487 Posts
Mitch - ZR said:
how do i get it to sit flush? when i line it up there is about half a centimeter of the bumper section around the shield.
the answer is to drill large counter sinks, muchly improved it to the point where i dont want to mess anymore!

newageoutlaw said:
JUST GO 2 UR LOCAL MG GARAGE AND GET THE PROPPER SCREWS WITH AN ALLEN KEY FIT
How much where they?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts