MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all, I have a facelift 1.8 ZR auto and I***8217;m having some trouble with the heaters.

For starters the heaters never get totally hot, the engine temp behaves itself so I don***8217;t think it***8217;s an airlock.

The unusual thing which I think must be connected is the heater control ie the knob which sets the temperature won***8217;t go lower than the second mark or higher than the 4th ie I can***8217;t set it to be on either full cold or full hot.

Before I start changing parts, is this likely to be something to do with heater control engine end or do I need to swap the controls in the car? I***8217;ve no idea how they come out but I***8217;ve seen on eBay that there is a unit with cogs etc in behind the dials.

Fairly new to later MGs, I have a 72 1300 but have been messing around with old cars for years.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Have you checked the heater control valve hasn't seized? There is a common fault on the late ZR's that stops the heater getting hot it's called. "Saab" valve which is in the heater pipers connected to the heater matrix

1 - 2 of 2 Posts