MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on a decent head unit for about £250? Recomendations? Not bothered about mp3 capability... Just need a 4x50w (or 4x52w), with double sub out, and a face off.

As you may, or may not know, i had a sony xplod mx800, lovely unit until it got pinched... :| want something similiar but face off really..

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I brought the Pioneer DEH - P7600MP after it got really good reviews. looked around on price etc and managed to get it for £223.00 including delivery from www.letsbuycaraudio.com Looked in Halfords to compare prices and it was up for over £360!! Its a great little unit that has a full EL display MP3 and WMA files compatible also. I just burnt 200 tracks to a CD from my PC and it plays them showing the file name etc... Great power output and its 4 x 50W. Can highly recommend it m8

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
halfrauds do my head unit for £399 but you can get it from car audio direct for

£249.99

JVC-KDLHX501

Security: Removable Facia
Power Output Per Channel: 50 W
Pre-amp Outputs: 3 sets
Pre-amp Output Voltage: 5 V
CD Changer Controls: Yes
Remote Control: Included
Internal EQ/Crossovers: Yes
Aux Input: Optional
Illumination Colour: Blue
Facia Finish: Black

The motorised, fold-down face of JVC's KD-LHX501 CD receiver features a user-friendly, touch-screen control panel for easy operation. The Voice Support feature acknowledges your commands with spoken messages, so you can keep your eyes on the road.
The KD-LHX501 provides you with a palette of over 1,700 colours for its striking 3D graphics display and with the PICT (Personalized Image Capture Technology) feature, you can load the receiver with slide shows of your own digital images.

JVC's DiAS digital AM/FM RDS tuner delivers powerful reception with a full-bodied sound. You'll enjoy superb CD, MP3, and WMA playback, courtesy of the Advanced Multi-bit DAC (digital-to-analog converter).

This unit will interface with most OE steering/stalk controls when used with an adaptor available from here.
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...=3174&osCsid=7702167eb1e3a8c60ee20cdc02509532

·
1,626 Posts
Go for Alpine mate !!!

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3128

for £259.99 you get....

ALP-CDA9830R

Pre-amp Output Voltage: 4 V
Remote Control: Optional
Illumination Colour: Blue/Green

The CDA-9830R is a high-power, SwingFace head unit with a wide range of sound personalisation functions that Alpine calls Bass Engine Plus. You get 4-channel digital time correction, 4-band parametric EQ and more. Easy to use, too- the Menu key, Quick Search keys and rotary knob let you choose functions and find what you want to listen to fast.
Digital media (MP3 and WMA) playback ensures that you'll have lots of musical variety available without burying the passenger seat under a pile of CDs. Alpine's MediaXpander™ restores sparkle and does wonders for your MP3 and WMA files.

This unit will interface with most OE steering/stalk controls when used with an adaptor available from here.

This is the successor to mine and is a fantastic piece of kit

You would not belive the sound quality difference over a X plop one!

Droogs is cool and a nice toy(With piccies of his car on it nice!!)but if you want SQ go for Alpine![/img]

·
Banned
1,364 Posts
im sick of sayign this so ill say it one final time

go to hallfords listen to all of em in your price range whatever sounds best to you and you'd be happy with get!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah but to be fair whats not in my price range at halfords, is in my price range somewhere else.. if ya get me craig. for e.g Nick's Head unit.

I like yours neil but mate has that and he'd think i'd be copying lol .. :) Nicks seems more for mp3's etc. alpine though.. hmm? Ill have a looksie into that one.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I agree with droog mate. I got the same HU as him top quality and it's touchscreen so you can show off to your mates!! oh and it talks! lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
got agree with muz i did have sony xplop mp40 and bought a Alpine CDA 7893R off ebay and the sq blew me away so id go alpine all the way m8

by the way if any one who owns a alpine with time correction has set it up in his\hers zr can you let me know the settings per speaker thanks :D dont fancy sitting with a tape measure to my head plus im crap at maths lol :lol:

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
muz said:
Go for Alpine mate !!!

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3128

for £259.99 you get....

ALP-CDA9830R

Pre-amp Output Voltage: 4 V
Remote Control: Optional
Illumination Colour: Blue/Green

The CDA-9830R is a high-power, SwingFace head unit with a wide range of sound personalisation functions that Alpine calls Bass Engine Plus. You get 4-channel digital time correction, 4-band parametric EQ and more. Easy to use, too- the Menu key, Quick Search keys and rotary knob let you choose functions and find what you want to listen to fast.
Digital media (MP3 and WMA) playback ensures that you'll have lots of musical variety available without burying the passenger seat under a pile of CDs. Alpine's MediaXpander™ restores sparkle and does wonders for your MP3 and WMA files.

This is the successor to mine and is a fantastic piece of kit

You would not belive the sound quality difference over a X plop one!

Droogs is cool and a nice toy(With piccies of his car on it nice!!)but if you want SQ go for Alpine![/img]
Same here mate go Alpine i got mine from www.cel-direct.com really good prices & quick delivery.

·
Banned
652 Posts
No the jvc like droogs wins hands down for me......there was an alpine in the car when i bought it.....just didnt like the sound...each to their own i guees...

But the sound on the jvc is awesome, and it has loads of added gadgets touch screen etc!!!!

Check it out.....shame i didnt know u were lookin cud have sin and heard mine at notts!!

:D :D

·
Banned
652 Posts
No the jvc like droogs wins hands down for me......there was an alpine in the car when i bought it.....just didnt like the sound...each to their own i guees...

But the sound on the jvc is awesome, and it has loads of added gadgets touch screen etc!!!!

Check it out.....shame i didnt know u were lookin cud have sin and heard mine at notts!!

:D :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts