MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the 25 was in there getting the 2 front central locking motors replaced under warranty and i also asked them to check the coolant system as my coolant seems to be dropping from max to min mark in a week or so.

they sorted the central locking motors out and told me they done a 2 hour pressure test yesterday and they could not find a leak anywhere but they think it could possibly be the start of HGF as the coolant has to be going somewhere.
They told me when the coolant runs low again i should continue driving until it overheats and the head eventually goes. This is coming from Lindsay Ford Service Centre not some dodgy garage!

Is this a wise thing to do or are there any other ways to quicken up the HGF process as my warranty is up at the end of September?

Cheers

·
Banned
8,794 Posts
lmao. ways to quicken hgf. whip the head off, snip the gasket, put back on, and watch all that oil and water mix. lovely. or you could drain the system, and tell them its overheated and that it needs replacing. but if its not HGF, it could be inlet manifold gasket.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If they know its on its way out why dont they just do it anyway rather than saying something stupid like let it overheat which could cause more problems. Sounds like there being lazy and cant be bothered to do it.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they said they can't find any coolant leaks or where the coolant is going but it must be going somewhere if I have to keep refilling it every week!
they won't authorize the repair untill they have proof that the head has gone!
just want it replaced before the warranty is up now that they have said it could be on its way out!

·
Banned
8,794 Posts
get the uprated AA breakdown repair cover. it covers headgasket :) it will cover you upto £500 to get it replaced if you pay a £25 excess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts