MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone replaced the handbrake in the zr or even replaces the silly lump of plastic that surround it with some nice material to match the gearstick or sumthing similar? pics?

·
2,585 Posts
light sabre - why didnt you have your gear gaitor over that lip on the gear shaft sleeve?
ive done that with mine and it looks a lot better.

G

·
That is the original gaitor which has the hard plastic grommit with the rubber inserts to keep the gaitor in place. There is a hollow sleeve over the gearstick shaft which as well as looking good, also acts to hide the wires from the illuminated gear knob. To fit the gaitor over the shaft would necessitate changing the gaitor as if I pulled off the plastic grommit I would need to somehow tie the neck to the shaft which would look a bit naff unless done properly.

·
2,585 Posts
ok i get why u put it there, i will post up pictures of how mine is (even although it is a rover)

(my gaitor is mega baggy, and is kinda hard to describe with words) but i think you might be able to take off that plastic cap at the top with out changing the gaitor

if you saw my gaitor the way it is it isjust glued on ( tiny tiny wee bits of glue, so if centre console is ever needed to be removed again)

anyway i will post pictures either tonight or tomorrow sometime and if u wanted u might be able to do the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts