MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:book: Can someone tell me what halo ring headlights are all about??
is it something you put on your lights and if so what for???
or are they allready fitted on lights?? :blink2: :blink2:

:thx:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx...so its purely cosmetic then? Do they have any other purpose?

·
Formerly Trophynovabasher
3,051 Posts
looking sweet, how could i go about getting a set? expensive?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanx for that saw them in a catalogue and just wondered what they were all about.

If i want one some could use my own halo!!! :angel:

G

·
TrophyNovaBasher said:
looking sweet, how could i go about getting a set? expensive?
As far as I am aware, there are not any aftermarket ones oout yet so you will have to do what I did and make your own. I know of one other person that has done the same and I offerd him my advice and the pitfalls I fell into. He had already got the rings off eBay (as I did initially) and despite me warning him not to use them he did. he is now regretting it (I had a PM from him the other day) as the same thing that happened to me has now happened to him. The cheapo ones from fleabay are so cheaply made that they cannot withstand the heat from the dip beam and they burn the LED's out which beccause they are encased in the acrylic ring, cannot be replaced.

the ones I have used I imported from the USA and are bigger and better made (and more expensive) but the LED's are replaceable.

I have been in talks with a guy who can make me the same rings as cold cathodes which look great as they are much brighter, but they are very fragile and very thin. I think two in each headlight would look great but that means double the price, double the wiring and double the cost and they are even more expensive.

I have heard rumor of a few firms possibly bringing these out for the Z in the future and I initially had 3 firms asking me if I could make them commercially, but I estimated that to even make a small profit I would need to charge over £400 a pair considering the lights along are over £100 each, then you had to add tools and materials let alone my time (they are very labour intensive to do) as well as potentially easy to dmage the lamp unit getting it apart.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Saw these in 'ultra auto cosmetics catalogue....loads in there but as Nick said not sure if any of these would be for MG as i havent looked that far. Just was interested in what they did!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts