MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the dreaded grinding door locks problem, i know there is a guide on how to fix it here somewhere but i have done a search and cant find it?

Can someone help me find the guide?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I use to have grinding door locks but i just left them. And what do you know... they sorted themselves and havent had grinding in over a year

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I had griding locks, all it is, is a small piece of the lock casing has snapped off and i wouldnt bother drilling it, just take the lock apart, find the broken bit and silcone it back in place. And if you shut the door accidently when putting the locks back in and suddenly you cant open the door, dont worry, it will open again, you just have to fiddle with the levers on the lock to get to open again ( i done it, i shate myself ) ! Just make sure when you test the lock after you fixed that bit of casing, LEAVE THE DOOR CARDS OFF! bit of a bugger to get the cards off if what you did didnt work and the door is stuck.

·
I'm comin hoommmeee again
1,175 Posts
Sorry to ressurect threads from the past but I'm playing with mine to try and fix it.

I am working on the passenger door. Do I have to unscrew the 3 screws around the door catch and take the mechanism out to fix it, or is that not the problem ?

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Sorry to ressurect threads from the past but I'm playing with mine to try and fix it.

I am working on the passenger door. Do I have to unscrew the 3 screws around the door catch and take the mechanism out to fix it, or is that not the problem ?
ahhh dude if you were nearer i would come and help you, im quite an expert now after the polaver with my passenger grinding door lock. Taking the screws out with Yes remove the lock but the problem is inside the lock. It will be a broken bit of casing rattling ( sounds like grinding )

·
I'm comin hoommmeee again
1,175 Posts
ahhh dude if you were nearer i would come and help you, im quite an expert now after the polaver with my passenger grinding door lock. Taking the screws out with Yes remove the lock but the problem is inside the lock. It will be a broken bit of casing rattling ( sounds like grinding )
Appreciated anyway mate. I've just noticed the screws are for a kind of star shaped tool ? Ah well, like my boot lock I'll just have to wait for my next night shift lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts