MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got talking to a Scooby owner at a petrol station this evening, on my way back from work, who co-runs prob the biggest local cruise site :shifty:

To cut a long story short, half my town thinks my car is a fake :(

Turns out alot of cruisers and modified car owners have been debating whether my car is a real turbo or has a fake dump valve simulator.
Nearly all think its fake!! :cry:
Apparently they have had a poll on the site about it FFS!!!! :eek:
It doesnt even have a dump valve!!!! Its set-up to run a whooshy/whistling/chatter noise!!!!

I got this before at the local scrappies, when i told one of the guys who works there that id put a T-series turbo engine in my MG ZR, he said "Hey, there is a grey ZR flying about Ayr with a fake Sabre dump valve simulator, you should hear it, sounds crap!"
I said "Yeah, i see it everyday.........................seeing as how its mine!" :noexp:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Banned
3,033 Posts
Tell them all its fake, then show the mother f*ckers up! Be proud of your own car and appreciate it for what it means to you not others... you like the car so what does it matter what others think?

PS: Your car is BADASS, and i want it.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Just a bunch of jealous t**ts really, if they had seen your go past. They would would know it had a real turbo lol :D

Some of these so called cruisers are a bunch of muppets, and haven't got a clue about tuning (let alone driving) cars. And would never be able to build a car like you have. :D

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
lol would love to have seen his face if you lifted the bonnet :D
TBH i wouldn't bother proving it to them, there a waste of space......

Unless, some reddies can be made ;) (not racing though)

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Tell them all its fake, then show the mother f*ckers up! Be proud of your own car and appreciate it for what it means to you not others... you like the car so what does it matter what others think?

PS: Your car is BADASS, and i want it.

+1 tbh, apart from wanting your car, im building my own, lol :D

we should get all of the zr turbos together to cruise-crash, lol (not literal crashing though, that would be harsh)

seriously though mate, i wouldnt get upset about it, the fact that he declined coming with you to prove its a turbo shows a lot doesn't it ;)

and to be honest i think the first time somebody acuses mine of being fake im going to laugh my ass off at their stupidity...

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
Youngy mate where can I buy a fake dump valve simulator?

:p lol only kidding mate. You might need to prove them wrong sometime soon :whistle:

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
i had that when i turned up with mine. sum stupid **** came over and said he had a rover 200 turbo desiel, and was woundering where i had routed the dumpvalve and intercooler, because he wanted the same!?!

was like wtf?!?!? does it sound or rev like a tractor!?!? PMSL

thats the thing all these people that claim they know everything bwt cars n they really dont know f all. just coz mg didnt make it doesnt mean their aint none going rownd!!!!! Haha

1 - 20 of 59 Posts