MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
mg zr rally car
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well that made you'z look. well this is my new scooter. its a pug blaster rs12, the techs are
racing clutch
racing exhaust
racing variator
racing rollers
racing gears
racing carb
doppler airfilter

itl do me for when im 16.

·
mg zr rally car
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i had it clocked at 65mph with jmy mate behind me. so i think its quick enough for a 50.

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
65 for a 50!? then thats been deristricted in which case its no longer classified as a moped and cannot be riden by under 17 year olds ;)

·
mg zr rally car
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have about 4 month or so. but i got this at a cracker of a price

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
i had a scooter when i was 16...got a peugeot speedfight 100...got new clutch..rollers..piston...bore...brakes...preety much anything that could be changed was...it looked like i was sponsered by mallossi...i got 100mph out of mine..before i run out of road!!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
how much was it mate?
I paid 1k, its the sister/brother of the Cagiva Mito, same engine etc. Freaking fast bike for a 125! 0-60 I get 6 Seconds :D Top speed, not sure.. but over 100. Great first bike! It's a nice street fighter and handles well... I've rebuilt the top end of it also :)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
well i had it clocked at 65mph with jmy mate behind me. so i think its quick enough for a 50.
YOu must have a very slow scooter to start off with then.

I had a Piaggio typhoon 50cc in red - desestricted it (which involved taking out a washer from the exhaust) and it when 65 mph instantly. Sounded better too.

Slightly higher specced scooters like the NRG and SR50 went slightly faster when derestricted too.

If im was to buy a scooter I probs choose the Bennelli K2 or the SR125. I rented a Benelli K2 when i went on holiday ages ago. I swear to gof those crazy greek people turbo'd it or sumething as she was rapid as hell.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I paid 1k, its the sister/brother of the Cagiva Mito, same engine etc. Freaking fast bike for a 125! 0-60 I get 6 Seconds :D Top speed, not sure.. but over 100. Great first bike! It's a nice street fighter and handles well... I've rebuilt the top end of it also :)
Now they are fast for a 125. I had an NSR125, got it desresticted and fitted a bigger sprocket set to reach the dizzy heights of 110 mph. Would have got the Mito/RS125, but they were slightly too expensive to run/buy for me at the time as I was working on a bar.

You can embarass a lot of cars in that 125, especially on the twisties.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Now they are fast for a 125. I had an NSR125, got it desresticted and fitted a bigger sprocket set to reach the dizzy heights of 110 mph. Would have got the Mito/RS125, but they were slightly too expensive to run/buy for me at the time as I was working on a bar.

You can embarass a lot of cars in that 125, especially on the twisties.
Aye, they are sooo easy to lean into the corners on its amazing :D I've had afew cars have been idiots to me. I.E - Im riding speed limit and drive so close to me that they nearly knock me off... I hate it.. when it gets to the open 60 road (from 30 to 60) Open throttle... wtf? where they gone, lol! :p

But yeah, great fun bikes. haven't seen many knocking about either

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Aye, they are sooo easy to lean into the corners on its amazing :D I've had afew cars have been idiots to me. I.E - Im riding speed limit and drive so close to me that they nearly knock me off... I hate it.. when it gets to the open 60 road (from 30 to 60) Open throttle... wtf? where they gone, lol! :p

But yeah, great fun bikes. haven't seen many knocking about either
After riding a 125 about for a while you notice the benefits of a bigger bike immediately. After getting my full license I got a CBR400. After riding a bigger bike around you realise how flimsey they actually are (Exception is the RS125, you could tell why that was expensive).

1 - 20 of 39 Posts