MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Is Constantly Horny
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the janspeed 4-2-1 manifold, sports cat, inter pipe, and twin exit back box, for about 3 weeks now and i must say its amazing, the smoothness of gear changes has imporved massivley i can feel the difference in response power and torque, i have a zr 105, and i think it has given me a significant imporvment in peformance, for the cost this sytem is well worth it, its not the cheapest of mods but i would say for the money the most rewarding. I am having a rolling road done soon to show the gains from these parts and ill keep you guys posted :mbounce:

if your thinking about this system get it, and get an itg air panel filter while yor at it 2 :)

·
2.0 GT T-bar :D
3,305 Posts
i was thinking of getting one of these, did you get it from kwik fit? Do you have a picture of it as i wanna see how it comes out.

Thanks
Dam0

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
he got it from Janspeed diectly mate and we (with some help ;)) fitted it.

Here are a couple of pics:

Standard cat removal:

New vs old intermediate pipe:

When fitting the manifold, remember if you hav a/c you will have to remove the alternator too to get the old manifold off. Here are two pics of the different engine bays:

No a/c:

With a/c:

Thats about all I have but I think matt has more. Drop him a PM :)

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
if you have ac you only have to remove that top bracket you can see in the second pic on the left side, under the 16 valve insignia. with that off, the alternator will still be attatched to the engine. so ur not going to haev to mess with the belts or anything. i did mine this thursday just gone, well, thursday night friday morning.

will be good to hear about the rolling road matt as we can compare (i have a 120). im wanting to get mine rr'd again shortly after xmas, so we can see the difference it makes between the 2 models :)

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
if you have ac you only have to remove that top bracket you can see in the second pic on the left side, under the 16 valve insignia. with that off, the alternator will still be attatched to the engine. so ur not going to haev to mess with the belts or anything. i did mine this thursday just gone, well, thursday night friday morning.

will be good to hear about the rolling road matt as we can compare (i have a 120). im wanting to get mine rr'd again shortly after xmas, so we can see the difference it makes between the 2 models :)
Ahhh good point. We have a RR day booked at Janspeed on October 6th if you want to come along? There is a thread somewhere......

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
holy moley ! didnt relise that, i thought it was a bit wierd that damo was posting again, havent seen him on here for ages!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Recommended... I've Just got my new Janspeed system 'N' luvin' it!!!! Noticed improved throttle responce to say the least!!
.. 'Well Chuffed'!!!
:0D

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
power wise, whats the difference between a full system with a decat, or a full system with a sports cat?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts