MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you change a fuel filter?
it says online that i need to dissconnect the fuel pump fuse or relay but where are they?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
You don't.

IIRC the fuel filter is on the bulkhead on a 200 the same as a ZR, You just need to undo the two connections and replace

·
Registered
506 Posts
changed mine a couple of weeks ago disconnected battery for safety`s sake but thats it just uncouple the pipes top and bottom check flow arrow dosen`t work wrong way as one of my mates found out on his! make sure you got plenty of rags under or half a 2 liter bottle cos it holds more fuel than you think.

·
mg zr rally car
2,076 Posts
why do you need to disconnect the battery? theres no plugs on it? and you wont get an elcetric shock off it

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Saying that it will still spark if disconnected :rofl:

Fook im tired :D
lol i **** myself changing it after reading this "if you dont relise the preasure of the fuel system before removing the fuel filter it may cause an explosion" :eek:

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
lol i **** myself changing it after reading this "if you dont relise the preasure of the fuel system before removing the fuel filter it may cause an explosion" :eek:
lol

At least it all went well....

Iv'e done loads with no problems (as yet) :bounce:

·
Registered
506 Posts
disconection of a power source is just safe workin practice safe not sorry is always good workin policy only takes one spark especially with fuel which is highly flammable and so is its vapour even when the engine is of there are loads of wires carryin power all of which are perfectly capable of bein bared and at risk of stray arc`s with the battery uncoupled these wires are not live so far less risk!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts