MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mines bent to feck off when i slammed up the curb off that granny spinning me.its touching the exhaust downpipe so its vibrating loads cant hold my steering wheel without getting arthiritis lol how much am i looking at for one of these do you think, oh and are they all the same fitting as ive heard some are stronger than others?

thanks

jason

·
Registered
506 Posts
think they are different on diesel from what i have heard but not 100% sure i would try and source one from a scrappy cheapest option anyway mate.

·
Registered
622 Posts
ye i think the diesels had a mount on for the engine but im not sure, has it done any other damage ecause if its pulled this up it may have bent the front part of the chasis, is the slam panel oketc, you may also need to look at your rear subframes and suspension, scrappts are going to be the best, i think there the same on the 200s, 25s and zrs so you should be ok, have your tracking checked etc, nathan

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ye i think the diesels had a mount on for the engine but im not sure, has it done any other damage ecause if its pulled this up it may have bent the front part of the chasis, is the slam panel oketc, you may also need to look at your rear subframes and suspension, scrappts are going to be the best, i think there the same on the 200s, 25s and zrs so you should be ok, have your tracking checked etc, nathan
yeah well when i went to my uncles garage he said its been bent and puhed everything up causing my wheels to sort of faceinon each other a bit s id hve to get my tracing done again, i can get the part for 40 quid, what you think?

·
Registered
506 Posts
that sounds a fair enough price mate i would imagine that the chasis legs are towin in slightly due to the bend in crossmember but they should spring back out when its removed for new one if it not to severe.

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that sounds a fair enough price mate i would imagine that the chasis legs are towin in slightly due to the bend in crossmember but they should spring back out when its removed for new one if it not to severe.
yep, hopefully, something else just noticed before my tyres as in top of the wheel seems to be awfully really really close to the suspension, as in the bits holding the springs in, you would think the wheels wereto wide or something, is tis a bad thing or they all like this

·
Registered
585 Posts
erm not too sure on this but i was once told by someone who used to build the zr's in the factory that if a cross member was damaged you should get your car looked at as some fram of the car or something could be bent causing more and more damge the more you use the car....

like i say, im not sure on this its just what i was once told...

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
erm not too sure on this but i was once told by someone who used to build the zr's in the factory that if a cross member was damaged you should get your car looked at as some fram of the car or something could be bent causing more and more damge the more you use the car....

like i say, im not sure on this its just what i was once told...

thanks for info mate lol hopefully it should be ok, i seem to have some sort of oil leak or something on te bottom of the engine, doesnt look good lol oh wel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts