MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I know there are lots of threads on here about similar subjects which I have read, I just want to clarify a few points.

I am replacing my front speakers which I am lead to believe are 17cm straight swap?? Also the rear speakers which are 13cm straight fit I believe??

Are the standard tweeters in the car sufficant or do they need to be replaced with the other speakers?

Finally what is the difference between mid range, full range and component speakers ?

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
you are right on the sizes mate, spot on.

when buying speakers your best bet is to go with components as this means you replace the tweeters as well, but more importantly u get a crossover which does the hard work for the speakers, it splits the frequencies so the woofer gets the bass and mid frequencies, and the tweeter gets the treble.

the difference between mid range and full range is exactly what it says on the tin really, mid range speakers are suitable for playing mid frequency sounds, full range are suitable for playing everything.

ideally you want components in the front, and coaxial in the back, but tbh i would leave the rear as the are, and invest in a small amp for the front comps, will be drastically better sound quality wise:)

Kyle

·
Registered
40 Posts
you are right on the sizes mate, spot on.

when buying speakers your best bet is to go with components as this means you replace the tweeters as well, but more importantly u get a crossover which does the hard work for the speakers, it splits the frequencies so the woofer gets the bass and mid frequencies, and the tweeter gets the treble.

the difference between mid range and full range is exactly what it says on the tin really, mid range speakers are suitable for playing mid frequency sounds, full range are suitable for playing everything.

ideally you want components in the front, and coaxial in the back, but tbh i would leave the rear as the are, and invest in a small amp for the front comps, will be drastically better sound quality wise:)

Kyle
As the man says you're best off leaving the backs (you sit in the front) and amping them up as that will make a huge difference instead of running direct of the H/U.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
lol, you dont need massive volume to have something that sounds good, a lot of the time keeping everything standard and shoving some 6x9s in the shelf reduces sound quality to a degree as it mean the majority of the sound comes from the back.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Speaker mounts in door.

Hi guys,

Does any one know where I can get the mounts that once lived in my Zed which the 17 cm front speakers fit. I stupidly launched in the wheely bin when I wads trying and new mod :hang:

:thankyou:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.