MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Brothers Grim
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i fitted HID's to my car the fog lights look dull when i put them on, im looking for an upgraded bulb for them. I thought they were the same bulb as my main beam lights, but after trying to fit some xenon bulbs designed for the main beams to the fog lights earlier i now know there not.

Just wondering what bulbs go in the front fogs?

·
Brothers Grim
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ye i thought that, H1 is the main beam bulbs but they are defiantly different, i tried to fit H1's earlier.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Ye i thought that, H1 is the main beam bulbs but they are defiantly different, i tried to fit H1's earlier.
i should have a set of these about mate i got them with a set of xenon bulbs when i bought the headlight and main beams. Since i have no foglights u can have em if u want? that is if i can find em mind u ;)

·
Brothers Grim
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
unless they changed them towards the end of MK1's, as my car seems to have a blend of MK1 and MK2 bits and pieces. The bulbs are definitely not H1's, i had the fog light off the bumper earlier and tried to fit the H1 xenon bulbs that i have, they do not fit.

·
Registered
556 Posts
unless they changed them towards the end of MK1's, as my car seems to have a blend of MK1 and MK2 bits and pieces. The bulbs are definitely not H1's, i had the fog light off the bumper earlier and tried to fit the H1 xenon bulbs that i have, they do not fit.
if i find these i'll give u a shout mate can have em for free cos no use to me and as i said earlier came free as i order 2 sets :happy2:

·
Registered
439 Posts
If you have an older foglamp it's H1, they changed to H11 at some point. Only way to find is to check your actual light unit.

If it's H11 though you will struggle to find uprated bulbs for these, I never managed to :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts